World War Z

"Dinah!" Lauren Jauregui yelled as she tumbled into the said tall blonde's house, slamming the front door shut behind her and twisting the lock as she struggled to catch her breath. Dinah Jane dropped the slice of pizza that she was eating onto her plate with a groan, setting it on the coffee table in front of her couch and walking to her front door to catch Lauren looking out of the peep hole.

"What, Cuban cakes?" Dinah asked, crossing her arms and tilting her head to the side.

"Something totally fucked up is going on out there!" Lauren spoke frantically, turning to Dinah with fear reflecting in her usual confident bright green eyes. Dinah had never seen the older Latina girl so scared before, and she knew the situation had to be serious.

"Okay, I'm gonna need you to calm down for a second so you can tell me what exactly is going on out there." Dinah requested, Lauren gulping in response and running a shaky hand through her black tresses. Lauren pointed to the peep hole she previously abandoned, and Dinah moved closer to it gingerly. She didn't know what to expect, and she was terrified to find out whatever it was that was bothering her friend.

Upon looking out of the peep hole, she discovered a horde of people gathered on the street, and some stragglers in the yard. They all seemed to either walk in slow motion, or with a slight limp.

"Protesters?" Dinah questioned once turning back to Lauren, the older woman now leaning with her palm flat on the wall and slightly hunched over as she took deep breaths.

"Do protesters like to eat people?" Lauren rasped with a raise of one of her thick eyebrows, and Dinah began to laugh.

"Lauren, this isn't a horror film. Zombies are scientifically impossible and could never exist. With the theory of how zombies function, a human could never come back to life after their brain has already shut down, and still have some of their important organs working. How are they digesting food if their entire system has shut down?" Dinah asked.

Lauren grunted, furiously motioning to the door.

"Do you see all of them gathered out there?! I dare you to walk out there and try having a normal conversation with one of them and not get eaten alive!"

Dinah rolled her eyes as she groaned dramatically, unlocking the front door and opening it, beginning to step outside. She watched as a few of the people turned their heads, some sniffing the air like a dog would. Once they caught her scent, they growled much like an animal would, racing across the lawn towards the unknowing blonde. Dinah let out a screech as she quickly darted back into the house and up her long flight of stairs, Lauren rushing over to the front door and slamming it shut, locking it immediately after.

"Dinah, you fucking idiot, get back down here!" Lauren shouted, being propelled forward slightly when the crazed individuals out front began to bang incessantly on the door. Dinah hesitantly began walking back down the stairs, coming across a distressed Lauren pressed against the front door as she tried to keep it closed.

"Oh god... is this real?" Dinah whispered, her hands coming up to her mouth in horror. Lauren looked up at her with an annoyed expression.

"If you need confirmation, walk outside again!" Lauren spoke angrily, grunting as she seemed to push even harder on the front door. They both froze when they heard the sound of wood cracking, and Lauren slowly moved to the side of the door to reveal a long deep crack within it.

"WE ARE GONNA DIE!" Dinah screamed, racing down the stairs and rounding the corner into the kitchen. She grabbed two steak knives and a whole roll of masking tape, moving into the dining room and retrieving a bunch of magazines.

"Alright Lauser, let's get geared up!" Dinah called as she made it back to the front door. Some of the people outside had relented with their attack, and only a few of them were left that were barely even trying to get in anymore. Lauren was able to step away from the door and catch her breath.