Thirteen

I dropped Luca off after work then went straight back to my house. I was happy I was working, I didn't realize how much I missed being in a garage until I found myself fixing up different cars again.

"I'm home!" I called once inside.

Putting my shoes away, I noticed a pair of yellow Converse at the side. I smiled when I heard voices coming from the living room.

"Damn ma, might as well adopt Navia too if you love her more than me." I joked as I joined them.

They were both on the three-seats couch, while Maïa was on the carpet crafting. Or cooking... whatever kids do with rice nowadays.

"I'm sorry." mom replied with a laugh "Hey baby, how was work?"

"Fine." I answered, ignoring her pet name for me, and kissed her cheek.

"Hey baby, how was work?" Navia asked in a teasing tone.

I sucked on my teeth before giving her a stern but playful look. "Fine."

"Hi big brother." Maïa chirped with a wave.

"Hey."

"Well your Prince Charming is back so I'll let you kids have fun." mom said.

Navia got up and grabbed my hand. We said our goodbyes then left the room.

"But I didn't mean have fun so keep that door open!" we heard her yell, causing us to laugh.

Once in my room my girlfriend jumped onto my bed. She laid back and hummed in enjoyment from the pillows beneath her.

"Imma shower real quick." I told her.

"Mhmm."

Great, she wasn't even listening. I cleaned myself up, getting rid of all the oil and sweat. I then went back to my room with a towel around my waist.

"Oh my God Jaheem!" Navia shrieked "Go get dressed in the bathroom!"

"Why?" I asked innocently, looking through my drawers.

"I don't want to see you naked!"

I looked back at her with a smirk. "You sure about that?"

Her eyebrows raised and her full lips slightly parted. She then bit down on her lip and looked away.

"Just go, damn." she mumbled.

I laughed and left to get dressed. I love it when I have her feeling flustered. When I came back, I laid on my bed next to her. She came closer to me and rested her head on my chest. We just stayed there, like that, for a while. The thing about Navia is that I'm always comfortable with her and enjoying my time, no matter what we're doing. She's just chill.

"So you started studying for your physics test yet?" she suddenly asked.

I sucked on my teeth. I completely forgot.

"Hey no slacking remember? This is senior year Jaheem, you have to take it seriously."

"I am taking it seriously. I just don't always have the time to study."

She sat up, so I sat up too to be on her level. Well, you know.

"I'm scared for you. You barely passed last year and it doesn't seem to have taught you a lesson."

I frowned. Yeah I wasn't all nerdy-nerd but that didn't mean I wasn't trying at school.

"It did. Stop talking to me like I'm some punk child that doesn't care about his education." I told her.

"Well then don't act like it!" she replied "I don't want to do this without you. To move on and see that you're left behind. We're supposed to be in this together remember?"

"I get what you're saying, I'm sorry. Just stop treating me like a child."

I leaned in and kissed her on the lips, except she didn't kiss back. I pulled away to look at her.

"Promise you'll start working hard now." she pleaded, looking more worried than demanding.

"I promise." I said and kissed her again.

"Oh my God Jaheem! Stop that!" she pushed me away and complained, but I saw her low-key smile.

"I'm trying to be mad at you." she said and looked away when I tried to lean in again.

"Is that so?"

I grasped her knee and started rubbing circles with my thumb. She jumped, just a little but I felt it.

"Ja—"

Too late, I captured her lips... with my own. She eventually gave in and kissed me back. Her lips are always so soft and sweet. Thank God they're for me and for me only. Her arms went around my neck and mine around her waist, exactly where they needed to be. We pulled away and she playfully shoved me.

"Ow." I sarcastically said.

She rolled her eyes and laid on her back. I got comfortable on her stomach and started playing with her white acrylic nails.

"So I learnt how to whine my waist." Navia started, slowly scratching my small beard with her free hand.

"For reals?!" I exclaimed "Show me!"

"Not here boo. What if your mom or sister walks in on me moving the most seducing parts of my body and you watching me?" she laughed.

"I didn't know you could dance with your eyes."

"What?"

"Your eyes. They're the most seducing part of your body." I said and looked up at her.

She had stopped petting my beard out of shock. She opened her mouth to reply, but brought her lips together in an attempt to stop the huge smile that was showing too well.

"You're so—ugh, I can't even find the word."

"I'm so what?" I asked "Charming, romantic and sexy?"

"Whatever you want Romeo." she replied, and played with my bread again.

Quiet knocks came from my door. I sat up, wondering what she wanted this time.

"Come in."

A little puff walked in, followed by a dark skinned girl. The little girl was holding her hands behind her back. My eyes widened because of the memory of what happened last time.

"You didn't break another one of my artworks did you?" I asked, feeling a slight frown.

"No." she brought her hands out and showed me a stuffed balloon.

It was what I saw her working on in the living room. I raised my eyebrowsat her, waiting for her to explain.

"It's a stress ball, I made it for you. Mommy said you have angry issues and that stress balls help to calm down so I—"

"You think this is f*ckin funny?!" I asked getting off the bed "You think you're just gonna look into what doesn't concern you and insult me with it?!"

Maïa's eyes widened and her lip quivered.

"Don't you dare start crying in my damn room or I'll give you something to cry about!"

I felt a strong tug on my shirt which managed to turn my body. All I saw was a hand before feeling a stinging smack on my cheek.

"You're such a liar! A manipulating liar! I hate you!"

Then Navia stormed out crying.

Not again...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Why do y'all think Jaheem has such anger issues? Don't forget to
⭐️vote
💬comment
💞share

Unconditional Love (slow updates)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara