Three

I punched with all my strength the small mat my trainer, Jason, was holding. It's thanks to him that I won the city's championship about a week ago. He held it to the sides so I threw hook punches. He held it in front of his face again so I punched rapidly straight in front of me.

"Okay Jaheem, that's good enough for today." Jason said dodging a blow to the nose.

"Sh*t, sorry." I apologized and laughed.

I took the mat and put it away. I spotted Navia on her phone sitting near the entrance. After grabbing my water bottle, I went up to her with open arms.

"No!" she shrieked scooting away "Get away!"

I faked a shocked expression before dramatically placing a hand on my chest. "You don't want your boyfriend to hug you?"

"Not as long as you're sweating and smelling." she answered tossing me my bag.

"Can I have a kiss—"

"No!"

I laughed walking away. I showered, got dressed in clean clothes then joined Navia. We went to the parking lot and entered my car.

"Now can I have a kiss?" I asked then poked my bottom lip out.

"Yes, come'ere."

I leaned towards the passenger side of the car. She grabbed my face with both hands and leaned in too. I smiled wildly when I caught her looking down at my lips, but frowned when she pecked my cheek.

"What was that?" I complained.

"A kiss, you didn't say where you wanted it. But more awaits you once we get to your house." she replied with a wink.

I shook my head in amusement while reversing out of the parking space. Navia, as obsessed with music as she is, connected her phone to my car by Bluetooth to play her favorite songs. My right hand went to her lap as my left stayed on the steering wheel. The ride went by quickly because she couldn't stop talking (even though music was playing).

"So... how's it like being a big brother?" Navia asked suggestively.

Man I honestly forgot about that Maïa. She hasn't disturbed me yet thankfully, but she's all my mom cares about right now and I don't like that.

"Well she's cute—"

"You have a little sister?! Oh my God!"

I chuckled at how excited she was. It seemed like she got excited over anything, it's cute though.

"Do you like her? What's her name?"

"Her name's Maïa and—" we lunged forwards because I suddenly hit the breaks. I honked and glared out my window "Learn how to f*ckin drive!—well I don't hate her I guess."

She giggled then placed her hand on my shoulder. I relaxed without remembering how I got so tense.

We soon reached my house so Navia disconnected her phone. We got out of my Toyota and walked into my abode. Mom saw us and walked towards the entrance.

"Ma I'm ho—"

"My chocolate bunny!" she exclaimed completely ignoring me.

"Caramel Queen!" Navia replied as they hugged.

"I'm here too but whatever." I mumbled with a flat expression.

I kicked my shoes in place after saying so. Mom came over and gave me a big kiss on the cheek.

"Aw baby, don't be jealous I'm giving my future daughter-in-law some affection."

I smiled and gave her a kiss too. Navia and I went upstairs to my room. Once the door closed, I joined her on my bed. I sat her on my lap and wrapped my arms around her waist. Unlike her room, mine is mostly dark blue and grey. I'm not into decorating and sh*t so it's simple.