Five

😼Luca: Yo Vicky's having a house party this weekend, you down?

Me: Dunno, prob not

😼Luca: N*gga we cant be friends if ur falling into the Great Depression

😼Luca: You'll feel better if you go just sayin 🤷🏽‍♂️

I thought about for a while. My thumbs hovered over my keyboard as I came up with a response. I mean I did deserve a break, I won a boxing championship and is having relationship problems.

Me: Yeah I'll go

😼Luca: Yesssssrrr! Thank God cuz I needed a ride

Me: 🤦🏾‍♂️😂

I turned my phone off laughing. That goof... I was thankful he was my best friend.

I leaned into my bed to feel more comfortable. I decided to go on Instagram to see what was up. I tapped through stories just to see a bunch of bullsh*t every now and then. I chuckled at some n*ggas who were trying to become SoundCloud rappers and some girls who want to become makeup YouTubers. I ended up on Navia's story, she posted a selfie of her smiling with a question sticker.

Ask away loves
|Type something...|

I tapped to the side and saw that she answered a few.

Ask away loves
Your favorite song atm

She answered F.R.I.E.N.D.S by Marshmellow ft Anne Marie and Survivor by Destiny's Child. It felt like she was trying to say something and that thing wasn't reassuring me.

Ask away loves
Are you single?😘

My throat knot because of her answer. "Yes". She f*ckin said yes! There were a few more that I just tapped through but stopped when one caught my attention.

Ask away loves
Wait... aren't you with that Raheem dude?

She wrote "Thank u, next". I was fuming, my jaw was clenched and I felt my neck grow hotter, but most of all I was hurting. She didn't even correct my name! I replied with "Not cool, g" but I doubt she'd answer at this point.

I threw my phone on the ground, I'd worry if I broke it later. I laid on my back with my eyes closed. I let out the heaviest sigh ever. She never told me we were done, she just said she didn't know if she could be with a guy like me. But wasn't she the one who had a crush on me in the first place?

The doorbell rang, bringing me out of my thoughts. I groaned as I forced myself up. I went downstairs to find that Maïa had already open the door.

"Damn really Maïa?" I complained "Didn't none tell you not to open the door? What if you got attacked or let a robber in?"

She looked at the ground shamefully. Dumb b*tch.

"So you're still talking to her like that huh?"

I looked up surprised to see Navia at my door.

"His a** never learns." mom said bitterly from behind me, grabbing Maïa's hand.

"Navia, what are you doing here?" I asked.

She was frowning as she looked at the ground. "Why can't you stop being an a**?"

"I'm not—Look, I'll be nicer to her okay? Can you stop acting like we're strangers?" I asked taking a step closer.

She stoke her hand out to stop me. She looked up at me with the same angry expression.

"You're not being nice to her to get back with me Jaheem! You're being nice to her because she's your sister!"

"Fine, I'll do that." I said, half truthfully.

Navia slit her eyes at me. I noticed she was holding a plastic bag in her hand.

"What's in that bag?" I asked.

She looked away and her eyes started getting beady. I looked at her still confused. She extended her arm and cleared her throat.

"Your hoodies, all of them." She stated.

My heart sunk. She couldn't do that!

"What? You always wanted me to return them so here you go."

"Navia don't do this." I pleaded.

She couldn't do this, not dressed like that. Her light pink t-shirt tied from the front and white jean shorts contrasted too well with her dark skin tone. She looked so stunning even in the simplest of things.

"Just f*ckin take them Jaheem! Stop making this so hard for me."

"Then don't do this." I said reaching for her but she shoved me in the chest with the bag.

I took the bag and watched her quickly wipe away a tear. Seeing her cry made me feel even worse. I just wanted to hold her in my arms, hush her, shower her with kisses, more than anything.

"It's your choice," Navia said looking me in the eyes "you either loose the attitude or loose my number."

"But I don't have an attitude!"

She humorlessly scoffed and shook her head in disbelief. "I see you made your decision."

"Navia wait!" I asked grabbing her arm as she was about to turn away.

"Don't touch me!"

I let her go. With the look she gave me, if looks could kill, I'd be deep down in Hell.

"We're done Jaheem. There's no more "us", we are now both single. I'm breaking up with you."

My throat knot and I felt tears forming in my eyes. A tear escaped from Navia's eye and slid down her cheek. It was just urging for me to wipe it away and hug her.

"And don't even dare blame Maïa for our breakup because this is all your fault!"

And with that she walked off. I had a sudden headache and felt drained from energy. I slammed the door shut and stormed down the stairs, not bothering to lock it. Once in the basement I grabbed my gloves and started attacking my punching bag. I hit everywhere on the bag's surface. I hit as much as I could to release all the negative emotions. I felt like I was going to pass out and just fell to the ground.

I couldn't help it anymore and burst out crying. The tears pooled out uncontrollably. I never thought a breakup would hurt this much.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
That's so sad. Hope y'all enjoy the story up to this point.
Weekly updates start now. Don't forget to
⭐️vote
💬comment
💞share