×22×

Jungkook parked their car before what he once called his home.

"We're here," he announced and tightly pressed his lips.

Jimin put his hand on Jungkook's shoulder from the backseat.

"Are you still sure you want to do this? Because if you're not we can still easily turn around. It won't matter."

"Yeah, Jungkook, you don't have to worry about it," added Taehyung.

Jungkook shook his head. "No, I do want to do it. I want to have a normal family dinner with my father and boyfriends. But I don't think it could ever be really normal. Not with us being us."

"Who cares about being normal?" Jimin and Taeyhung both grinned. Jungkook chuckled. "When you're right, you're right," he muttered. "You mean I'm always right," Jimin chimed in with a smile, happy that the mood was lifted.
Reluctantly, all of them get out of the car and slammed the doors. Taehyung fixed his suit and walked around the car to join Jimin and Jungkook. Jimin was squeezing Jungkook's palm, trying to reassure the youngest but also himself. "It will be okay, boys."

"I just hope he doesn't actually try anything," Jungkook confessed. Jimin gave him a side-hug and Taehyung rubbed his shoulder. "I know, Kookie, we hope so too. But it doesn't hurt being prepared."

Jungkook gave him a grateful smile. "My father is... really something... I'm not sure what we can expect."

Taehyung shook his head as a sign of understanding. "That's why I took the necessary measures." Jimin gave him a side look. "Did you do something above what we discussed?"

Taehyung looked away from Jimin's burning gaze. "Maybe... Our plans are not foolproof. I need you to act according to them if it comes to that. But you know me," he shrugged, "I don't like to leave things to chance especially after what we had last week."

"So what exactly did you do? And why didn't you tell us?" Jimin inquired.

"I didn't want you to think too much about it or worry. This could still be a nice family dinner if you ask me. I want us to truly enjoy it if it is."

Jimin backed down, "Okay, I guess. You're right, let's try to enjoy it."

Jungkook solemnly nodded and stepped away from their car on which he was leaning on. "If it is..."

Following him, Taehyung and Jimin walked up the stairs that lead to the entrance.

Jungkook stopped in front of the doors. "It's been a long time," he murmured to himself, "I really thought I would never be here again..." Taehyung stood on his right side and Jimin on his left.

"You still want this?"

"I want to give him a chance," Jungkook knocked on the doors.

The doors opened for them.
In the middle of a huge entryway stood his father along with his right-hand man. Although, Jungkook thought his father perceived him more like a butler than anything else.

"Son!" His father spread his arms, "You made it!" He pulled him into a suffocating hug.

He didn't let him go until Jungkook tapped his back.

"I see these two decide to come as well!"  His father seemed genuinely happy. Either that or he was on some heavy drugs. "Jimin. Taehyung," he greeted them with a handshake.

"Come now, the food is getting cold. You're a bit late, it's already past seven." He led them to the dining room where the table was already set up with served food.

The table was big, it could fit eight people and Jungkook's father sat at the head of it. Jungkook sat on his right and Taehyung and Jimin sat across of him, where there were two plates.

The three boyfriends sat and awkwardly looked at each other for a few seconds.

Jungkook's father started stuffing his plate. "What are you staring at? Dig in!"

The three eventually did the same and started eating.

"So how did the three of you meet?"

"It's a long story..." Jungkook avoided the question.

"Well we got time, don't we. I never even knew you were..."

"Gay?"

"Yes, that."

"You never asked," Jungkook retorted.

 "I thought you had crushes on girls before."

"I forced myself to go out with them back them. Before I was even sure. It made you happy enough."

"Well, of course, I hoped for you to marry a nice girl and start your own family."

"Funny enough, considering you did the things the other way around."

"Jungkook," his father warned.

"Stop pretending, father. You and I both know you never loved mom! Why do you find it so hard to admit that?!"

"Your mother was an—"

"Exactly! It's always my mother, never your wife! Just drop the charade already!"

"Jungkook, if she was here—"

"Jungkook," Jimin, who up to now was quiet, spoke.

"Jimin?" Jungkook looked at him with worry, seeing how pale he was.

"Chim, what's wrong?" Taehyung asked.

"I‒ I‒ I'm kinda... dizzy..."

His two boyfriends stood up, wanting to try and help him but also panicking.

"I feel like, like... I'm going to," he blinked several times. "Pass out..." Jimin's eyes closed and his head dropped. Thankfully, Taehyung had quick reflexes and caught him before he could hit the table. 

"JIMIN!" Jungkook took rapid and deep breaths. "Jimin!"

Taehyung sat back into his chair, still supporting Jimin's unconscious out body. "He's still breathing," he told Jungkook while looking at his father.

Jungkook's eyes got wider and he turned towards his father.

"Father?" he questioned in a shaky tone.

"Yes, son?" his father asked back but was still gazing at Taehyung who seemed fine considering one of his boyfriends passed out without a reason.

"Did you—" his voice wavered.

"Ahh!" Taehyung put his head into his hands, pain written on his face.

"Tae!"

"Kook... I think—" he doubled over in pain. He fell from the chair on his knees. He managed to send a meaningful look to Jungkook before he, too, passed out, "Poison."

"Taehyung!" Jungkook cried out, running around the table to Taehyuyng. "Tae!" He kneeled next to his boyfriend on the floor.

He tried gently shaking him, but the older remained unmoving. "Jimin!" He tried moving the other boy who was passed out in his chair but with no result.

Finally, with teary eyes, he looked at his father.

"Why? How could you!?"

"Oh, grow up Jungkook."

Jungkook gritted his teeth. "What have you done to them?"

"Just some sleeping pills," his father answered nonchalantly. Jungkook glared at him. "And maybe just a little bit of poison."

He continued before Jungkook started screaming at him. "They'll be fine. I have the antidote. They can have it as soon as we come to an agreement, son."

"Are. You. Fucking. Crazy?!?"

His father rolled his eyes. "Their lives currently depend on you. Tread lightly, boy."