×11×

Over 1K words, enjoy ;)

It was late at night. Jungkook was sure it was way past midnight and that they have been driving for a couple of hours at least.

The view was breathtaking though. Only sources of light were the headlights of their car and a half-moon up in the clear night sky. He could see the city at times. It was very far away and it's light's almost resembled the stars with how small they appeared. They kept taking turns after turns following the mountain path through thick forest.

He kept humming the song he sang with Jimin before. It was stuck in his head along with Jimin's beautiful presence. His friend was currently asleep, his head pressed against the window on his side. Jungkook was trying really hard not to stare, but it felt like cheating ever time he saw Jimin's reflection in the window next to him.  He was also trying not to glance towards Taehyung too often. Somehow, every time he did it, the older was already staring at him. And after the 5th time he really didn't want to be flustered again. 

They took a sharper turn and Jungkook felt something plop onto his shoulder. He turned his head only to be met with Jimin's blonde hair right next to his face. 

"Oh." He kept his eyes fixated on his friend, unsure of how would Taehyung react if they made eye contact. 'If I don't see him, he can's see me either,' he thought to himself. It sounded stupid sure, but after summoning all his self-control he left Jimin to rest on his shoulder and continued staring out the window.

After a few more minutes, the car finally stopped.

"We're here," Taehyung turned to them.

Jungkook looked forward seeing a nice (and fairly big) cabin. To be fair he only thought the word cabin fitted because it was made of wood but he could confuse it for a hotel and any other time he would be right.

"Come on," Taehyug said and stepped out of the car.

Before Jungkook could even turn, Taehyung opened the door and was staring at them.

"Uh, he's asleep," Jungkook said as if it weren't obvious.

Taehyung nodded. "I'll carry him."

With a little help from Jungkook, Jimin was secure in Taehyung's hold who was carrying him like a princess he was.

Taehyung took out his keys and opened the door with extreme precision, not moving Jimin too much and the boy stayed sound asleep.

Still, Jungkook was really surprised how he stayed asleep through all of that. He must feel super safe.

Once he stepped into the house, Jungkook marveled at how domestic and cozy it looked. It took him a few moments to realize he was left alone, but Taehyung soon came back - without Jimin, most likely leaving him to rest under soft covers.

"Jungkook, I brought some food, you know, so we don't starve here. Help me unpack it?"

"Ah, yes, of course." Jungkook jumped from the couch and rushed to help him.

Once all the bags were inside, in the kitchen, all that was left was to put everything into the assigned place.

"You sure brought a lot of stuff," Jungkook commented, not really thinking Taehyung would hear it.

"You never know how long we will need to stay here. I'm not taking chances," Taehyung casually responded.

"Oh, I guess that makes sense," Jungkook agreed, nodding his head. "So I'm guessing we'll have to cook for ourselves. Were you planning on cooking the dinner or?" Jungkook asked, now feeling more relaxed.