×2×

"Jungkook?"

Jimin faced the younger boy who was currently looking extremely exhausted and was panting hard, pressed against the brick wall.

They looked at each other wide-eyed for a while.

Jimin was trying to take in the younger's appearance. It was painfully obvious that Jungkook didn't have it easy since the last time Jimin saw him. The bruise under his right eye, chapped lips, hoodie filled with holes and scratched knees peaking trough ripped jeans were a clear indicator. Jimin couldn't help but wonder what other injuries were hidden.

"You're blond," Jungkook broke the silence.

Jimin tried to respond but didn't know how to, so, in the end, he settled with only tilting his head.

"It suits you. But it's kinda weird seeing you without pink hair tho. I almost hadn't recognized you," Jungkook rambled on.

Jimin smiled sincerely at that. He missed Jungkook's brutal but innocent honesty, he didn't even realize just how much before.

"What happened to you?" Jimin questioned, crouching down next to Jungkook, his voice dripping with concern. Jungkook forcefully laughed at the question which only resulted in him having a coughing fit. Once his breath became regular again he narrowed his eyes and gave Jimin a dirty glare.

"You mean what happened to you? You were the one that disappeared," he spat out. His words hurt Jimin, but he knew he deserved it. Averting his gaze to the floor he pondered what the best reply was.

It was true. Jimin basically disappeared overnight. Leaving his old, dirty life behind for good. Taehyung gave him an offer he just couldn't refuse and he didn't stop to think who he was leaving behind. Jungkook probably had it worse than him. And he did regret it, but once he tried to find him, Jungkook was also long gone.

Maybe now is the time to change that and help him.

"I'm sorry," he muttered to which Jungkook scoffed.

"But I'll make it right, okay? Come home with me today." Jimin stared deep down into Jungkook's eyes. He could see the younger was hesitant, but also that he desperately wanted to agree.

Sadly, the answer never came.

"So here's where you've been hiding."

Jimin and Jungkook both turned around to see those same men that were chasing Jungkook just a few minutes prior, now blocking the only way out of the alley.

The what appeared to be the main guy smiled wickedly.

"And you got yourself a little twink. I must say I'm surprised Jungkook." The guy came closer, his attention on Jimin.

He extended his hand to touch him, and before anyone knew it Jungkook was on top of Jimin, growling.

"Don't fucking touch him!"

"Oooh, feisty, are we now?" The guy chuckled and gestured one of his goons who in response gave him a bat he was holding.

"I'll teach you a lesson, Jungkook," he said and with that, he swung.

A loud thump was heard, causing Jimin to flinch. Once he opened his eyes he saw Jungkook passed out in front of him. With fear in his eyes, he looked up to see the man hovering above him.

"Man, Jungkook sure picks them pretty," the man said and Jimin's whole body filled with disgust. "Don't worry, I'm sure we'll have lots of fun..." The man snickered and Jimin felt a cloth being pressed against his nose and mouth. He tried not to breathe the chemicals in but in vain.

"Later." With that Jimin's whole world blacked out, his mind desperately calling Taehyung, who was coincidentally calling him in that very moment.