×14×

He gasped, his body trembling.

They were not there.

Taehyung let out a blood-curling scream. A sudden panic attack took over his body and he found himself shaking on the floor. Minutes passed before he was finally able to calm down and wipe away his tears.

Never the one to not be 110% sure of something, Taehyung once again ran throughout the house, praying and softly whispering two names like a broken machine.

But nothing came up. He found nothing. Nada. Not a thing.

Devastated and unable to think he came back to the kitchen and almost tumbled to the ground.

He felt like he wasn't himself, a huge part of him was missing and there was no way he was gonna be fine anytime soon. The only two people he considered important and worthy of his time were missing and apparently with them all his rationality and poise were also gone. Where are they and how am I gonna get them back? Those were the only two thoughts he could produce but unlike his usual self - the confident and flawless mafia boss Taehyung that never had any doubts - for once he did not have an answer or a solution.

His legs were barely holding him up and he tried to grab something, the fridge being the closest thing to him. His eyes were shut tightly. It was a way for him to try and concentrate rather than panic. Because of that, he had not seen but first felt the small paper stuck on the fridge with a purple magnet he did not even know them owned.

He took the small and now slightly crumpled red post-it note in his hands. A familiar elegant and small handwriting read: 'JK & I have gone shopping. It's supposed to be a surprise but in case we're not back by the time you wake up Kookie wanted to make sure you don't go on a rampage. ily <3'

And beneath that in an also familiar handwriting but wider and pointier: 'P.S. do NOT kill anybody, we're fine :>'

Taehyung felt like a bunch of bricks were being thrown at him at once. They were shopping.

He was here, out of his mind, running like a madman and they were out shopping!

He crumpled the note in his hand and took long breaths. His anger was obvious but no one was there to calm him down. (Because, once again, they were out, fucking shopping of all things!)

Thankfully, having the note did help Taehyung to calm down, more so because he now knew their location. Finally able to think rational he realized the two most precious people to him were outside the safety of their home with zero protection. Taehyung wasn't with them and if they wanted to surprise him they surely didn't try to bring any of the bodyguards he had appointed to them for when they go out.

Cursing their stupidity (and his own) he rushed to their bedroom to get his phone and call them. Why hadn't he done that before was a mystery to him too but at least now he was finally acting as he should.

Spead dialing Jimin's number he pressed the phone to his ear, already impatiently tapping his foot.

"Taehyung!" Jimin picked his phone after a couple of rings. Taehyung almost felt himself relax but he noticed the anomaly in Jimin's voice. Something still wasn't right. He felt his heart rate pick up again. Jimin sounded scared and panicked.

"Jimin?! Are you okay-" He cut himself off hearing some commotion on the other end. He picked up a few groans and some curses - a few that sounded suspiciously similar to Jungkook.

The next voice that spoke was neither Jimin or Jungkook but it was no stranger to Taehyung.

"Well, well, is this possible? Taehyung? Is it actually you on the phone?" the voice chuckled.

"...Junsu," he muttered.

"Ah... I'm touched you remember me, Tae. Truly. But it is Jun now."

"Hah, I wouldn't care about that K."

"You might want to rethink that though. I mean... I think these two lovely boys next to me might want you to do that, you know."

He could hear Jungkook say something in the background but he was immediately cut off and Taehyung couldn't make out the words.

In his mind, Taehyung screamed in frustration, but in reality, he just sighed although it did sound pretty similar to a growl.

"Jun... If you-"

"A-a-a Taehyung. I don't wanna hear any of that. I mean, honestly, what were you thinking?! Letting them alone like that... Do they mean so little to you? Well, whatever. I believe you owe me a small meeting at the least. Don't worry I'll be sure to keep your boys safe as long as we come to an agreement in the end. If you fancy them even a little bit, you won't even be thinking about double-crossing me, you hear me Taehyungie? Goodbye for now, I'll send you the place and time. You better come behaving like a good boy you are, alright?"

Taehyung gritted his teeth but before he could respond the call was over. He tossed his phone on the bed knowing there was no point.

He stood up and walked to his bathroom. It seemed like he should get ready and dressed for the meeting.

A shower and a shave did a lot to calm Taehyung's nerves and assess the situation. Junsu, or Jun.K as he called himself now, was a part of the same mafia group, a small branch that was mixed with another one as an alliance before Taehyung rose to the power and position he now held. Jun.K lost his power during that time and while he never did any big mistakes and stayed loyal even while having relations with other rivals Taehyung decided to put some other, closer people in his position. Taehyung was sure he now wanted his position back and probably a few more privileges.

Jun.K was much older and he definitely wasn't stupid, so Taehyung was ready to comply with his requests. Jun.K was good at his job after all and this was not worth risking Jimin's and Jungkook's life or health over. The only goal now was to get them back as soon as possible and thankfully Jun.K always seemed to be a reasonable person.
Still, one thing worried Taehyung. And that was the fact that Jun.K was very close to Junho - the man who had some unsettled score with Jungkook apparently. And the man who probably holds a grudge against Taehyung because to be fair he did a number on him, but the man did try to rape Jimin after all. Taehyung remembers doing some research on who the person he nearly killed was but in the end he decided to let it go and never asked Jungkook anything more about it.

That might have been a mistake.

And it made him realize how little all of them knew about each other's past. He knew about Jimin but he never found out how Jimin and Jungkook met and what their relationship was like back then.

Was it anything similar to his and Jimin's story in the beginning?

He subconsciously smirked thinking about how he met Jimin.

It seemed like such a long time ago now...

But he still remembers that club and how Jimin looked in the center of the stage even though Taehyung was very intoxicated at that time.

And the story of how they met went like this:

TO BE CONTINUED IN THE NEXT CHAPTER (;

A few tags as a thanks for the comments, votes and the wait:♥️♥️
rohamalik rajaaaaa2 BabyBoii__ kyraphoenix600 _beyondthebts_ Tamee02 markchanislove JJK_JUG_SCHNAPP PhoenixLightning