☁︎♕☢︎☢︎𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘔𝘦 𝘊.𝘚𝘕☢︎☢︎♕☁︎

We are always told about life and death in our lifetimes. No matter the time or place everyone will face death. Life is just a game that we are living but in the end, death always wins. There's no such thing as beating death. Some people don't even get to see the light of day or the dead of night.

Some people don't even get to live their lives before they are dead and some do but don't get to see it all unfold before their very own eyes. They'll never get to see their kids graduate, get married, party, give birth. Some people live their entire lives stuck someplace where don't get to live a normal life. Like me.

I've been stuck in this hospital ever since I was born. No one really knows what's wrong with me but all they know is for is that I have to stay and not leave this hospital. Of course, I have always wished I had a normal life outside and not be stuck in this hospital. Now being 20 I really don't believe that I'll even make it out of here or even get to see my life unfold.

My dreams are different from everyone else. People wish to get promotions, dream cars, be a celebrity. While mines are just to make it out of this hospital and make friends, have a life, get a job, have kids, live my life to the fullest while I still have time on my side.

It's not like all things are bad here. I have made a friend well actually my boyfriend. San is his name and he's always there when I need him most. He's by far the best thing that has happened to me in this hospital. Before he came everything was boring and quiet. I'm glad to have someone here to connect with and at least talk too.

"Knock knock."

"Come in San."

"How do you always know it's me?"

"Cause you're the only one who says knock-knock instead of knocking."

"Hey, it's fun. I mean can you blame me."

"Ok yeah sure San. Whatever you say."

"So what's on the schedule for today?"

"Stay in bed, sleep, talk to you, use the bathroom, eat, and oh sleep again."

"So basically what we do every day then."

"Yep."

"Mmm..."

"Oh no."

"What?"

"When you say Mmmm...that means you are up to something."

"Trust me it's nothing bad."

"San."

"Come on y/n. Trust me."

He clasps my hands in his hands smiling at me. I can't help but smile back at the boy who shows me his dimpled smile.

"Ugh I hate when you do that."

"I know that's why I love smiling at you."

"Ugh...what's the plan?"

~

"San watch out!"

Here we are running down the hallway wall I'm rolling in a wheelchair while San pushes me. Pudding cups in my lap as we run away from the hospital cafeteria lunch lady who chases us with her ladle. As soon as we make it back to my room we busted out laughing.

"See told you it wouldn't be anything bad."

"Whatever San. Now come let's eat our pudding."

He helps me back in bed before laying down beside me as we eat our pudding cups. Moments like this are what I like and live for. I smile at San who smiles back at me before kissing my cheek. I look back down at me pudding cup swirling it around with my spoon.

"San?"

"Yeah."

"Will you always stay with me?"

"Of course y/n."

"Don't lie and tell me that just so I can I get my hopes up."

"Y/N I promise I will. Ok."

~

After that day he never did return. It broke my heart to know that he lied to me about being there when I needed him most. I guess I wasn't the best thing that happened to him after all. Soon after my condition started getting worser and worser. The doctors didn't even know what was wrong with me so how could they solve my problem.

I don't want to die in this place. I lived here my entire life why should I have to die here as well. Life isn't fair. The only thing good in my life promised to never leave but he lied.

"I don't want to die here. Please....
~

『︎San PoV』︎

I sigh pushing past everyone trying to see y/n. As I get to the door I see the door open. I walk in to see doctors surrounding her. I instantly become worried. I try everything to get to her but the doctors hold me back. I can't help but start crying. She can't leave like this not after all she's been fighting for and all that she wants to live.

Her heart monitor beeps for the last time. I drop to my knees praying this isn't real. The doctors pat my back and give me a sorry for your loss as the past by me. I watch as the place the blanket over her head. Tears roll down my face as I hold her cold lifeless hand.

"You promised me you wouldn't take her!"

I cry and lay my head on her hand. All the memories we made together. I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you. I'm sorry for not being there when you needed me the most y/n. I never got to tell you that I loved you. I kiss her hand praying for her to wake up.

"Y/N please...stay with me."