Epilogue

The travel to Sanctuary took longer than driving to Nevada. The snow started to freeze, had a few vehicles stuck in the snow but able to have many help along the way. As the group came to stop at Fairview, the first group of the Frontier survivors were dumped into their new homes; about half a dozen then went to the Tradepost, given with free clothes and a ten pound bag of supplies to make a quarter of supplies to live in their apartments. As for the rest- which was mostly the seventy Frontier soldiers that chose freedom, came to Sanctuary and Negan and his commanders order an interview to each one throughout the day to give them a job, a place to sleep and ration dollars as the rest of the Savior finish up gathering their packs, cargo, and vehicles away and head inside the factory to have supper and try to get some sleep.

Vix was exhausted after she finished her meal, stretching her muscles out as Negan comes back, announcing a celebration in the basement bar. And hearing a celebration, Vix definitely wants a good time, but first she has to get clean and fancy.

As she finished curling her hair, there's a knock on the door. She puts her makeup away and opens the door in a surprised matter.

"Sam," Vix smiled. "You came."

Sam found himself smiling. "Heard you were back and safe. Wanted to meet than waiting for you go back to Fairview." An immediate flush blooming on his cheeks as Vix gives a peck on his rosy cheek.

"I'm glad you came."

The compliment flustered him completely, and it was a few moments of confused silence before he could answer. "Yeah. Yeah, me too."

"Well?" Vix asked, a teasing lilt to the word.

"Huh?" Sam was still off-balance from Vix's immediate, easy flirtation. He had been speaking to the woman for less than fifteen seconds, and his face was already on fire.

"Well, are we now together?"

Sam ducked his head and rubbed at his jaw. "You called it. And yes, I very much like to be your boyfriend."

Vix gave an amused chuckle. "And I accept to be your girlfriend. God, you're cute when you blush."

Sam ran a hand over his hot face. "No," he said archly, and he couldn't hold back a laugh at the bald-faced lie. "You're cute when you do it."

"Sam, I've been thinking for quite some time and I've made my decision."

"Yeah?"

"I don't want to lead the counseling of Fairview anymore."

Sam's breath caught in his throat. "But I thought- I mean, you are good at it."

"I was. But, it's not me. I like to lead when it's my family, not people you keep on complaining the same answers over and over. There was times I was stressed, never having time to be with my family again. And when I was, I wanted that back. I'll still live in Fairview, only that I want to make my own business maybe."

"You could be an erosion artist. I know there's Keith but he's not good like what Andiron Sachet was. You're such an excellent artist and you can get enough ration dollars on selling Famous Infected Cards of old and new Bounty Hunters," he smiled nervously. "What am I saying? It's your choice, not me. I'm just pulling stupid things out my monkey brain."

She laughed. Another laugh bubbled out of him at that, and he covered his face with his hand. "Sam. I'm happy you said that. Although, the business is not making Famous Infected Cards. It's also making by own clothing shop. For fashion and protection against Infected, but you look stylish. You like the sound of that?"

"I do. I love you," Sam replied softly. He froze, and realized in horror what he tingled out of him. That had been far, far too revelatory. This is too quick, he scolded himself. She won't love him completely. What are you doin', moonin' over her? You fifteen again? The silence on the other stretched on, and he felt faintly ill with apprehension.