Chapter 16

Negan growled as he swung his fist hard. The feel of the bag connecting against his knuckles vibrated through his arm and he pulled back landing another smooth hit. He alternated fists and between quick jabs and slow punches.

One, two, one, two.

Downstairs, Negan and others installed a gym, when he saw the old place back in the Tradepost and that the RK's had a gymnasium and training and fighting setup. He had days where he is alone, working up his fist that they bruised up. But he didn't care; pain is pain. Nothing new to it. He heard the news his people found a herd of Runners coming through the mountains, and he insist people and himself to draw them out east, into the dome where the burned out Infected used to be. He knew there could be those big bastards; he invested Vix back in Fairview to try out new weapons of her own since the fuckers eat those bullets up.

He panted as he came to rest, all his energy zapped out of him. He reaches over the bench to get his bottled water. He chugged it down between pants, slowly recapturing his breath.

He hopes nothing goes wrong.

-:-:-:-:-

Mal wasn't happy for the Saviors to go out to lure out Runners. Hell, she's more pissed off at Negan. Sure, he's the leader and people need to see him as brave and strong, but following a herd of Runners into a pit that's too dangerous, and what makes it worse we've got Bloaters, they might appear. The reality of telling Negan slowly crushed at her. She'd spent the whole week trying to tell him, to even let her come as well. But he didn't, he rather have her at Sanctuary with Bud to lead the compound. Then to release her frustrations she ended up on her back, Negan pleasuring her and whispering to her a very detailed description of what Negan would do to her if she was being a bad girl. It was ridiculous, but worth to relieve the stress.

She went searching when no answer came at the door, spying the yellow glow shining out from the small building that housed the gym.

She caught sight of Negan, shirtless, splayed out on the weight bench lifting what looked like a good part of his own body weight. Veins on his arms as prominent as the muscles that exerted a ridiculous strength against the heavy weights. Each grunt as the man lifted had her heart throbbed, blood rushing south, making her lightheaded. Negan still hadn't noticed her standing there, his face focused. For once her teenage mind took over, any 'beyond her years' maturity disappeared until all that was left was the realization that Negan was just damn hot. The way he was reclined on the bench had everything on show, the tight sweatpants, hung so low on his hips, did nothing to conceal the firm muscle he knew was lurking underneath the thin material. Mal had never been more grateful that the man liked to work out without a shirt, tattoos on display underneath the sheen of sweat that shimmered on his skin. She wanted nothing more than to lick it up, enjoy the salty taste of his flesh under her tongue, trace the lines of the skull on his pec. Biting her lip at the thought of trailing her tongue down following the path of hair that went right under the material...

A loud clang of metal on metal snapped her from her thoughts, her eyes shot up to meet Negan's wide ones. If she wasn't so aroused she might have felt a smidge of shame at being caught so shamelessly checking him out. Instead, she took advantage of her lust-addled brain to give her the courage to saunter over to him, throwing a leg over to straddle the man on the bench. She let the man guide her hips to settle him comfortably on top of him before she leaned down to kiss him. Her tongue lapped out, the familiar taste of Negan mixed with salty sweat, she delved deeper into his mouth, taking control of the kiss for once. Judging by the way Negan moaned underneath her, she didn't seem to mind the role change a single bit, just gripped her hips harder, tongue coming out to dance with her own.

Mal pulled away from the kiss first, smiling when Negan's lips tried to follow his own. She leaned back pulling out of reach, her hands were firm against Negan's chest, she wanted him to stay right where he was. All spread out, just for her, her own blank canvas for her to paint with her kisses. That cocky smirk of his sent more jolts of lust through her body, tingling right down to her toes.