Chapter 37: idek

A/N: Okay, I'm really sorry in advance. I know this is absolutely horrible writing but I really didn't have it in me to actually write this well. Hopefully it makes enough sense and you don't judge me too much for this horrible chapter. I wrote it really fast and just wanted to get it out of the way. 

"Powerful, dark auras. Two male, one female; one of the males was in charge. They weren't right though. Their eyes were all oddly light – translucent almost. Fantasmas they called themselves. I believe they were... inhabiting the bodies. Feeding off them. The female had blond hair, tall and slender, and one of the males was heavily built with close cropped muddy hair. The male in charge was slim – dark hair, green eyes. Had a scar on his forehead – lightning shaped."

Percy's eyes widened. "Well shit."

....

Percy flashed a brief smile, dazzling and arresting, before turning to us. "Well then, you're in for a treat. Who here knows what a demigod is?"

...

Hermione POV

"Excuse me, sorry – I'm aware this is late but you're telling us you're half god ? But also have the power of many other gods as well because you were blessed by more than one god later on?"

A little more than an hour ago, Percy had come in here with that sphere of water (with the mermaid queen in it) and began to tell us everything about demigods. Then he got to the being blessed by all twelve gods, and then Chaos... and he completely lost me. And that was saying something. 

Ron hadn't even tried, Snape just seemed to be staring at Percy in wonder (what's the deal with that? ), and Harry... I couldn't really place the expression on his face.

Dumbledore seemed to have been the only one that had been able to follow. 

"Yeah, that's pretty much it," he agreed, shrugging. 

After initially arriving, Percy had calmed down. He had seemed to revert to his usual easygoing personality, the aura around him settling as he did. Still, there seemed some sort of uneasiness about him. His lips pressed together slightly, and his eyes were still dark. Even as he had explained everything – quite rapidly, might I add, to the point where it had been leaning towards unintelligible – it seemed as though he had been thinking of other things as he explained. As though telling this story had become second nature to him. And that there were more important things he was worrying about.

Percy had been staring outside blankly for a moment when he suddenly jumped from the chair he'd been sitting on. Ron, who had only been giving half his attention to the situation – content, probably, to leave me to explain everything to him later –  squeaked a little in surprise at the screech of the chair in response to the movement. 

I had been moving to help Ron up when I heard Percy clear his throat from behind me. "One other thing that I probably should've mentioned. Kinda important. Don't know how I forgot it, but I guess that's what happens when Annabeth isn't around."

I turned around. 

Percy flicked his wrist once and the mermaid bubble disappeared. 

"You forgot to return her?" I asked, amused. "After floating her around and soundproofing her water?"

Ron laughed. Dumbledore, however, looked grim. 

"True," Percy acknowledged, "although that was more on purpose – I wanted her to hear the story as well."

"Then, what?" I looked at Dumbledore again, who was looking hard at me now. He shook his head almost imperceptibly. What are you trying to tell me? Don't do what?

Percy's eyes grew darker again. 

His aura grew.

And then suddenly the room was covered in shadows and Percy's hands were around Harry's neck, pinning him to the wall. His eyes glowed purple and he had his wand in his other hand. 

ooo

Percy POV

After I had decided what needed to be done, everything began to move very slowly.

I had loosened the grip on my power once more, letting the magic that had shifted over to me and mutated with Chaos' blessing take as much of a shape as I had ever allowed it. It crept off me, a dark, almost metallic shadow that shifted into sharp silvers, indigos, and violets as it moved. 

Within a moment I had Harry against the wall. I had known right away who it had to have been – who else had a lightning shaped scar? As for bringing the mermaid – I figured she could hear the story and confirm some of my conjecture at the same time. And, as expected, she did. So clearly Harry had to be taken care of. Or at least, as I suspected, whatever was possessing him, had to be. But how exactly I would accomplish this had been my dilemma.

While I had been explaining everything about the demigod world, I had been trying to figure out what to do, but Annabeth wasn't here and she was always the one that had figured out the plan. Eventually, I was just too tired to continue explaining everything and figuring out some master plan or whatever. So, I finished up the story and settled on my first choice: winging it. So here I was, making it up as I went. 

"Erghhhh!" Harry growled rather angrily, trying to shake out of my hold (to no avail) before spitting on me, effectively ending my inner monologue.

Or maybe he isn't possessed? Maybe whatever this thing is ate Harry and then I can just kill it now?

Remembering my wand, I pulled it out of the pocket in my quite unflattering robe. Sh*t, I'm already becoming British! It hasn't even been that long! 

Ugh focus Percy! And no killing Harry. Even though he has been really weird, obnoxious, and bipolar this whole time. 

Okay so... I am supposed to know spells to make this work but I am also Percy and I'm super cool so maybe if I just wave this around, and think really hard about what I want...

I waved the wand around a little. Well that doesn't seem to be working. Oh and Hermione's coming this way and taking her wand out, and Harry's face is starting to look funny. 

Harry's face was looking real funny. It seemed to be blurring awkwardly, like a glitching computer.  And then he started to laugh. But it really wasn't a cute look. In fact, it was getting kinda creepy, especially because he had relaxed in my grip now. He was limp almost...and lighter...

Turning behind me for a moment to enclose Hermione in a water cell to keep her from interfering, I didn't realize Harry had escaped until I turned back around to find my hand... empty?

And then there was that laughter again, but it was echoing all around the room now, and unlike the wizards, I could feel its presence moving at normal time. It was slimy almost, like the sticky  mud at the bottom of a polluted pond.

Feeling for the magic I had released moments before, I sealed off the room. Whatever this was, it certainly wasn't escaping.