Chapter 25: That Was Fun

Percy POV

"Dumbledore will arrive shortly," Harry said quickly as he began to jog backwards, away from Annabeth, my mother, and I, towards the way we had come. "Go on in," he added in response to our faces, which judging from Annabeth's and my mother's, revealed confusion.

The door that had instantly appeared after Harry had given the password had begun to close now. "Come on," I told Annabeth and mom, pushing them towards the door and following myself. We stepped into the room cautiously, not really sure what to expect. The first thing I noticed was the absence of the very man that had called me here. However, thoughts most likely caused by my ADHD soon began to take hold as I looked around.

It was a large and circular room full of funny little noises. I didn't know where to look. The walls were covered with portraits of old headmasters and headmistresses, all of whom were snoozing gently in their frames; funny little knickknacks lined the shelves, glowing, hissing, moving; there was also an enormous claw-footed desk, and sitting on a shelf behind it, the sorting hat. I wonder... It seemed Annabeth and I had had the same thoughts as we walked towards the hat curiously. My mom just stood where she was, her eyes speeding across the room, taking in the room with wide eyes.

Suddenly, a strange noise behind me had all of us suddenly turning around. Apparently we weren't alone after all. Standing on a gold birch, there was a, uh, bird-thingie, to put it kindly. It looks like a half-plucked turkey. We all stared at it as it looked balefully back at us. It looked ill, and its eyes were dull. It emitted a halfhearted choking noise as a few feathers fell off of it. Great, just what I need, Dumbledore's pet bird-thing to die in his office with us. He'll probably think I killed it to put it out of its misery. Just then, the bird burst into flames. The bird gave one loud shriek, and the next second, was nothing more than a smoldering pile of ash on the floor. I released a startled squeak. Behind me, a certain grey-eyed blonde laughed. I didn't find it funny.

"Relax Percy, that was a Phoenix. The bird is fine." Gandalf, er, Dumbledore chose that exact moment to enter. Taking in my mother's astonished face, Annabeth's confident one, and my obvious distress, quickly morphing into embarrassment, Dumbledore chuckled. "He's a Phoenix, Percy; he'll be reborn from the ashes. He's really very handsome most of the time. It's a shame you met him on burning day. Fascinating creatures, they are. Phoenix tears have healing powers, you know." My brilliant response: "Oh." "Funny, Harry had a similar reaction to yours. He came on a burning day as well. Curious, curious indeed." Dumbledore walked over to his desk, sitting down, finally turning his attention to Annabeth and my mom.

Dumbledore POV

"Curious, curious indeed," I said as I walked over to my desk. He's is certainly hiding something. That girl Annabeth knew what a phoenix is. And taking into consideration what Minerva has told me... I looked at Annabeth and Percy's mother, Sally, I believe. "Minerva told me what she saw when she went to get you two." Annabeth sighs as Percy raises his eyebrows. "And what exactly did Minerva see?" Percy asked, while glaring pointedly in Annabeth's direction. I stare at them confused when Percy groans a few beats later, almost as if he read Annabeth's mind. "Sorry about this," he says as he lifts his hand. What? What is going on? Percy begins muttering in some ancient language, one even I cannot place the likes of. I begin to feel dizzy but then Annabeth cuts him off. I'm still somewhat out of it when they begin conversing heatedly.

"Percy no. Don't erase his memory."

"Um Annabeth, Mrs. McGonagall and Dumbledore know there's definitely something strange going on. And they're mortals. Duh. They can't know about you-know-what."

"Yes, but you could use some allies."

"Or I could have more enemies."

"Yes well, I think you should take the chance. You know, since you have too many enemies to count, and to be honest, these particular type of people aren't very dangerous. Not to mention the fact that you can just erase their memories whenever you want."

"Well I guess you have a point."

"Of course I do, I'm me."

"That's like a Percy answer."

"That's because I'm dumbing it down for you."

"Hey!"

"I'm just kidding Percy."

"I'm not so sure you are."

"Anyway, no erasing his memory, okay?"

"Fine, okay."

By now, my brain is clear enough to realize that Annabeth and Percy are speaking as if I'm not around. "Hello? Do either of you realize I can hear you?" I question. "Sorry," they reply simultaneously. "Anyone care to explain what you were talking about?" I ask. Percy was the first to speak. "You should get Professor McGonagall first." Not bothering to question his request, I quickly apparated away to retrieve her. Once she was there and with both of us seated down, Percy began. "Well, you see, it all started when..."

Percy POV

I looked down at Dumbledore slumped in his chair. After I had explained that I was the second most powerful being in the world he had kind of passed out. "That went well, don't you think?" I asked Professor McGonagall, who hadn't had quite the same reaction; she didn't pass out, but her face, well, let's just say it was hilarious nonetheless. "Mhmm," she mumbled, her eyes still balloons, and jaw, well, somewhere on the floor.

I decided to let myself out of the office. My mom had been brought back home some time ago but Annabeth had gone back to the Gryffindor dorms with another student who had passed by as she had exited earlier. I decided I would go there as I skipped away. I hope Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall don't tell anyone who I am. That'd be annoying for me to clean up. Even with Chaos's and the gods' powers, erasing everyone's memory would still be a pain. Well, maybe it'd be worth it if I could see their reactions. Especially Mr. A's. Well, this whole thing was fun, but now I want to talk to Annabeth. She'll probably have to leave soon.

In the comments, tell me whether you want the story to be only in Percy's POV, make it vary a little, or really change it around. Also, I'm really sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been busy painting on my wall. Literally. It's hard to see, but so far, that's on my wall. Don't worry I'm erasing the smudges.

 Don't worry I'm erasing the smudges