Chapter 12: Yay! I Get a Magic Stick!

Percy POV:

I can't loose control again. Hades, I made the fire hydrant explode. I don't think anybody noticed that that happened because of me though, so at least there's that. I don't know how they'd react if they knew that I was a demigod. I have to be careful.

Hermione POV:

I don't think anybody else noticed, but....the fire hydrant exploded exactly at the climax of Percy's anger. I don't think it was a coincidence. But that doesn't make sense. Percy didn't even get his wand yet. I snuck a quick glance in his direction. I'll have to talk to Harry and Ron later about this. We'll need to make sure its not a coincidence first, and I know exactly how to test my theory. And if it works...we may have our first clue as to what Percy's hiding. 

Ron POV:

Jeez, Percy's scary. Unless I can help it, I'm staying away from that dude. I still think he's drinking Polyjuice potion. Seriously, how is someone that good looking? And is he on steroids or something? How is he so buff? Come on, this is completely unfair.

Percy POV:

Uh oh. I spoke too fast....er, thought too fast. Hermione was taking quick glances at me, trying to be discreet. Dam....haha....PERCY! Right. Back to trying to figure out what Hermione is infering. I could practically see the gears in her mind turning, trying to make sense of what had just happened. She kind of looked like Annabeth when she was thinking. Aww, I really miss Annabeth. Hmm, I wonder when I'll see her again. Probably soon. I doubt that I'll be able to survive without her before the flashbacks take over. Come on, its happening again. "Focus Percy," I told myself. My ADHD has been getting out of control ever since I left camp. Without lava-throwing rock climbing, Giants and Titans taking over the world, or many laps in a pool or lake, there was little to calm my battle-honed insticts and constant energy.

Forgetting my anger at the others moments before, I practically skipped ahead, turning myself around so that I was jogging backwards while facing Harry, Hermone, and Ron. "So where is this Ollivander's and what are we getting there?" It was Ron who spoke first.

"Mate, you bipolar or something?"

"Not as far as I know...."   I scowled.

"Ollivander's is where you'll get your wand, and we're barely half a block away," Hermione cut in, almost instinctively. "The shop is right there," she continued in a preoccupied voice, probably still thinking about the fire hydrant  pointing at a seemingly old shop with, "Ollivander's, Makers of Fine Wands Since 383 B.C.," written in gold at the top of the doorpost. Excited, although I would never admit it to Harry, I increased my pace. 

We reached the shop in no time. Stepping in front of me, Hermione pushed the door open, a bell ringing as she did. Harry, Ron, and I followed behind her. Breathing in the shop's scent, I looked around. There were shelves upon shelves of boxes that looked almost like shoeboxes, except thinner. Then Einstein look-alike approached, sliding down the bookshelves on a ladder like he was Tarzan swinging from branch to branch, and definitely didn't look like he was a gazillion years old. Then he looked at me. And almost fell of his ladder. Why does this keep happening to me?  I don't even know these people and they've still heard of me!  "L–" he began. "Nah uh," I said, cutting him off, "you can't use the 'L' word. Percy is absolutely fine." Smiling hesitantly at me, he climbed down. "Of course." Then he blinked, as if realizing something. 

"What brings you here, may I ask?"he inquired, sounding almost fearful of the answer. "I'm a wizard apparently, so I need a magical stick." He shook his head. "So it's true, your grandfather is Voldemort." "Yep," I replied. Then he grabbed my shoulders, shaking me. "You must be careful, he is coming for Harry, you must protect him." "Yeah, okay," I said, trying to placate the man. He visibly signed in relief. "Now, for your wand...." he began, skipping eagerly away to the back of the store. 

He came back in a moment. "Here you are," he said excitedly, handing me a wand. I took it in my hand, confused. "Well give it a wave!" he said impatiently. I did as he told me. Bad idea. The earth started to tremble, and suddenly it started pouring, and I mean pouring outside. I dropped the wand, and everything stopped. Oops. "That was the most powerful wand we have, second to only the elder wand," Einstein look-alike mumbled delightedly. He skipped away to get another wand. Just great. He came back again, this time with a box as dark as night, with stars gleaming and shining. Like Chaos's eyes. I froze. 

"Who gave you that?" The old man smiled reverently. "I do not know who gave it to me, or what it is made of. It just appeared in my shop one day, and curious, I had tried to take out the wand. I cannot even touch it. I believe it's the most powerful wand in existence, far above the elder wand's power, and only meant for one. You." He handed the box to me. Slowly, I opened it, aware of the others' eyes me, and gingerly, I took the wand out. I waved it cautiously. All of a sudden, brilliant silver light laced with green and black exploded around me. Everyone else shielded their eyes from the grandeur and magnificence of my power, but I basked in its presence. Then, as quickly as it had come, the light retreated back to my wand. Silence reverberated throughout the shop; I couldn't hear anything outside either. "Well, that's definitely yours," the old man said. Then ignoring Harry, Ron, and Hermione, I asked Einstein how much I owed him. "Ten Galleons," he said. I gave him the money. Then I walked passed Harry, Ron, and Hermione and their jaws on the floor. Turning back to them, I said, "Yeah, yeah, I have no idea what just happened either, so don't ask me." I paused for a moment, thinking. "And pick your jaws off the floor, you don't want to catch flies." They followed quietly behind me as I walked out of the shop.