Chapter 4: Guess I Have "Good" Luck On both Sides

Percy POV: 

Okay, I have to say, not what I was expecting. They came all the way over here to tell me that I'm accepted into a school named after a pig's disease? "No offense, but I'm not really interested, I already go to Goode, and I'm perfectly happy there," I say. That's when the girl I recognized as Hermione spoke up. I hadn't really paid attention to her before and only now did I take a good look at her. She had curly brown hair and warm brown eyes that seemed to be full of intelligence; she was actually kind of pretty, although nothing compared to Annabeth. "You don't understand, Percy," she said, "Hogwarts is no normal school; it's a school for witchcraft and wizardry!" "Uh, sure," I replied.

"It's true ," Dumbledore reaffirmed, "and you are in fact, a very special wizard." "That's one way to put it," Harry muttered. "Okay," I say, "I'm going to give you a chance to explain." And so Dumbledore began, telling me the story of Tom Riddle, his assent into darkness, the boy who lived and his adventures, nothing compared to what I've gone up against, and finally of Voldemort's return. He explained how I was the grandson of the most corrupt wizard in the world, and how imperative it was that I go to Hogwarts to ensure my safety. "Death eaters are most likely looking for you, and it isn't safe." he said. To this, I laughed. " Who would want to eat Thanatos?" They all looked at me strangely except for my mom, but Dumbledore just carried on with his story. At the end, I was completely shocked.

 I've faced teachers who have turned into monsters, rising titans and primordial goddesses, Styx, I have even been to hell, literally, but I was still shocked. After all I've been through, after discovering the existence of Greek, Roman, Egyptian, and Norse gods, I have to say, I thought nothing could ever surprise me. But this did. And I had ANOTHER evil grandfather! How is this fair! The fates must really hate me, the stupid old hags. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the man called Lupin ask me if I was coming to Hogwarts with them. However, before I could answer, my mom answered for me. "Yes, Percy will be attending Hogwarts," she said firmly, in a no-nonsense tone. "What?" I exclaimed, incredulous. She looked at me. It would be for the best if you learned how to protect yourself in case your grandfather tries to recruit you into these death eaters.

"Hey Mom," I said, "I think we need to talk." "Sure," she replied, "lets go to the kitchen." Once we were in the kitchen, the door firmly closed, and a severe enough warning given to the wizards not to eavesdrop, Mom and I began conversing heatedly. 

"What were you thinking?" I said in a hard tone.

"You need to learn to defend yourself," she replied.

"Mom, just... I can't go. Annabeth won't be able to come, and you know I need her for when the flashbacks... you know."

"Honey, I already said you would. And I know the flashbacks are bad, but what if Voldemort attacked Annabeth? Or Leo, Jason, Piper, Frank, and Hazel? You need to be able to defend not only yourself but them too. How much worse would the flashbacks get then if they were hurt? It's just that Percy, I–I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something happened to you," she admitted her lower lip trembling.

"Mom, I never told you this before, because I didn't want to worry you. But now you need to understand, the flashbacks, they're because I literally went to hell and back... and now, its all I can to hold the memories back until they come rushing back. Mom... I'm broken beyond repair, and I can't handle another war. I just can't. And considering what Dumbledore told me, thats exactly what this will turn out to be." Tears began to flow down my face and there was nothing  I could do to hold them back. My mom reached out to me, and I fell into her embrace, snuggling myself into her shoulder, as if I was seven again, and she could shield me from the world.

"Oh, Percy, I knew something happened, but this...." My mother began to cry as well. "Mom, don't cry I'll be okay, and I'll go to Hogwarts if it makes you feel better." I began to say anything to stop my mom's tears because this, this, scared me, more than anything. My seemingly fearless mother, who had stayed strong even when I had gone missing for eight months, was crying. We embraced again. "Blue cookies?" she said, composing herself. 'Blue cookies," I agreed.

Harry POV:

Okay, what was going on in there? I mean seriously, we had been waiting for fifteen minutes already and we could hear faint sniffles coming in from the kitchen. This made me increasingly curious as to what was going on, but Dumbledore, Hermione, and Lupin had firmly agreed that we were to give them privacy. I mean Mini-V gave us some pretty rude warnings, but I wanted to eavesdrop just for the satisfaction of going against what he asked us.

In addition, something was up with the guy. Although I completely hated him at first, it was pretty hard not to warm up to him; the only thing keeping me from doing so was the feeling that he was hiding something. I was suspicious, and my gut was telling me, you know the part of you that normally tells you to run from a giant mutant spiders *cough* Aragog, that he was dangerous. Something was off when we told him about his heritage. Yes, he looked surprised, but it was more along the lines of wow-life-really-keeps-surprising-me rather than omfg-magic-exists-you-just-blew-my-mind, you know? He was hiding something. And I was going to find out what.