Chapter 10: I'm Rich!

Percy POV:

How in Hades does he know that? Even more disturbing, how does he know that I was blessed by the gods and Chaos? How? "How do you know this?" I whispered incredulously. "What are you?"

The goblin smiled at me knowingly. "We are a race of monsters that turned from Tartarus a long time ago. Only the big three know of our existence; Tartarus thinks our race died out a millennium ago. Furthermore, we go to Hades' realm when we die, although we have a rather long lifespan, mind you. We have ancient books of prophesies only our race can read, which is how we know about you." The goblin smiled at me again, this time with a little humor in its eyes. "Of course there's also the fact that your father is quite proud of you and tends to talk more about you than I think he realizes." I smiled at this. "Does that answer your question?" the goblin asked. "Uh yeah" I said. "Thanks." 

I fazed out for a few seconds thinking about what I had just learned, when the goblin cleared its throat. "You should prick your finger now my Lord, the others may be getting suspicious." "Oh yeah," I said, walking up to the needle. Ugh, everybody calls me Lord nowadays. "You know, you don't have to call me Lord. Percy's fine," I said. The goblin smiled at me gratefully. Wow, that looks strange on its face. "Okay, I will," it said. Then I turned back to the needle. I stared at it for a second before slowly pricking my finger. I watched as my silver blood dropped to the ground and disappeared. It was still weird even now, seeing my blood that color. I remember how it had happened.

I was standing on the battlefield, the exact spot where I had defeated Gaea three days before, when lights of all different colors exploded around me. Then a woman dressed in a black glittering dress appeared. She had obsidian black hair, lips red as blood, high cheekbones, and dark eyes that glittered like stars in the night. "Who are you?" I asked, slightly afraid of the answer. This woman did not look like someone to be messed with. She radiated raw power. "Chaos," she replied in a musical voice, soft as velvet, simultaneously hard as diamond. I immediately bowed down. "Best not anger the creator of all if I can avoid it," I thought. "Rise," Chaos said. "Why are you here?" I asked quickly, which I realized sounded a bit rude. I mentally slapped my face. "Uh, not that I'm not honored to be in your presence and all, I'm just curious." "Because of you, of course," she replied, showing no indication of emotion at my flustering. Then she kneeled down before me in a smooth motion. The sight completely dumfounded me–the creator of, well, everything, was kneeling in front of me. Then she said, "Perseus Jackson, I offer you my full blessing. Do you accept?" I said yes, not really understanding what was going on–better say yes to the scary lady who created everything. Then Chaos cut her wrist; I watched as glittering black and sliver ichor dripped onto the ground. I felt a searing pain when her power entered me. Lets just say Chaos's power had felt like my arms were being cut off, while every bone in my body was being crushed, and I was in the middle of Tartarus with the burning fires of the Phlegethon scorching me as opposed to the ache I had felt when the gods together had blessed me. Finally, Chaos rose gracefully. "Perseus, it is done. With your blessing from all the Olympians, you became almost more powerful than the gods. Now, with mine....well, you are more more powerful than any primordial, with the exception of me of course. You have also been gifted with an extended lifespan. I have extended your love's as well. I hope you use your well deserved gift wisely." And with that, she vanished right into thin air. "Well, that was something," I thought before turning to walk back to Camp Half Blood to tell Annabeth what had just happened.

The goblin cleared its throat again. Wow, I really need to pay attention to what is going on around me. Then I realized that a golden key was shimmering in mid-air. Yeah, that's totally normal. I took it in my hand, examining it. The key really was a beautiful piece. Carefully, I twisted the key into the lock before stepping back. Gears turned for about twenty seconds before the vault made an audible click and groaned open. It's as big as a freaking ballroom.

 The room was made completely of gold, with piles upon piles of gold coins–Galleons, I think the wizards had called them. There were also plenty of currencies from all sorts of places as well, and drachmas–enough for billions of Iris messages. And Harry said that he was rich. What was in this vault was millions of times more than what was in Harry's, I thought smugly. And then I came to my second realization–with this money, Mom and Paul could finally move out of the apartment and into a house! Mom had always dreamed of having a backyard and now it was possible! Dam you ADHD...ha...Percy! Focus!  I turned back to the goblin. Do you have something that I can use to get some money? I think I need it to get supplies for Hogwarts." The goblin inclined its head. "Of course, My Lor–er, Percy," the goblin said, passing me a small leather pouch. "Thanks," I said as I began to collect some silver, gold, and Drachmas. Finally, I was done. I got into the mine cart, and it began going backwards, towards where we had left Harry, Hermione, and Ron.

 Soon, the goblin and I were almost there, and I could see Harry, Hermione, and Ron in the distance, where they seemed to be conversing heatedly about something. Right as we approached, their conversation stopped abruptly. Hmm, I wonder what they're talking about  (note the sarcasm). Ignoring the annoyance biting at me, I turned back to the goblin before stepping out of the mining cart. "I never got your name," I said. Looking surprised, he replied, "Chase." "Cool, like Annabeth," I said smiling before leaving to join the others.

Chase's POV

So, the mighty Perseus is as kind, humble, and fair as the stories say. And just like the stories say, he does seem to be extremely powerful. The power that radiated off him was staggering, more than any god I have encountered. He was, most definitely, not someone to be antagonized. But his humbleness....no wizard had ever bothered to ask the name of a goblin before without wanting something. And the way he had told me not to call him Lord, when he so deserved the title more than anyone in this world....he had made an ally of the goblins today, and we would not forget it.