chapter 16

Kihyun's POV:

"And that's how Wonho got a scar on his left thigh!" Minhyuk cracked up with the last words. We had gotten through half of the field and so far the air had only been filled with laughter, as Minhyuk told me various stories about his childhood and the life here. Some of the stories even were the same as Hyunwoo told me, but Minhyuk made them even more dramatic.

"Wow, never knew the leader here was so toothy," i chuckled to Min's funny story about Jooheon biting Wonho when they were children.

"Yup! He was so sulky, that Wonho ate all the black-currant jam cookies, he took his revenge. And trust me- he would bite him again for the same reason."

I smiled warmly at how Minhyuk freely told me these stories. Reminded me of home and my family. Whenever i would get into silly arguments with my older brother, Minhyun, turning kitchen into a winter paradise, covering it with flour and cake mixture. Or me always teasing Jihoon, then getting chased by that angry little devil with his toy guitar. Yeojoo i loved too much for her own good- i always wrote fairytales for her and she helped me finish a lot of them. Mostly- the two lovers ended up kissing eachother... and that's beautiful. My parents always laughed together with all of us and we were happy. I miss them. A lot.

"Say... are the people in the Land of Im or Clarity, as y'all call it, also this close together with eachother like us here?" Minhyuk asked, breaking my memory trail of thoughts, "I know they aren't the most welcoming of us, i don't know why though, but from the inside it's different maybe?"

I sighed and shook my head, "I would want to say that it's nice and bright there, as the word 'Clarity' posseses, but... the pride and wealth has taken over minds, making some people snakes of their own kind. Of course, there are lovely people, who treat everyone equally and don't shame anyone, but... some could really use a lesson from The Land of Lee."

Minyhyuk weakly smiled and we sat in comfortable silence, just tossing the seeds onto the soil. I had grown to adore the smell of soil and freshly cut grass. It was refreshing and calming.

"You know, i have...well, had, a friend from Clarity..." Minhyuk suddenly mentioned.

I turned to him big eyed. Did i hear it right? Was it really not ILLEGAL to talk to the other side of the fence?

"You did? Whom and...how?" I asked, my curiosity peaking the mountain tops.

"His name is Jonghyun, he is younger than me. Do you know him?" Minhyuk asked, turning to me with hopeful eyes.

I tried to recall my memory of any Jonghyun, but nothing sparked my mind instantly, so i shook my head.

Minyuk's smile faltered, but he kept telling, "He was the sweetest. Shy at first, but slowly opened up to me. I would call him Onibugi. I don't know if you've seen pictures or cards of BNA drawn characters named "Pokemon", but there was one called like that and Jonghyun looked exactly like it. It's sort of like a turtle."

I nodded, actually knowing of what characters he is talking about, but i couldn't keep steady at these sudden news about an interaction like this.

"How did you meet him?" I asked, doubling the amount of seeds i threw, since Minhyuk was so evolved in the storytelling, he forgot to do so.

"I would see him ocasionally while walking pass the fence and even at school aswell," Minhyuk told, smiling softly, "He was scared to talk to me, but my talkative spirit was intrigued with him. He was really cute and very fun to talk to. Then we discovered we both really liked animals, especially the water kind, from the books. That's also a reason i started calling him the adorable nickname. I couldn't believe my father, when i told him about Jonghyun and he told me, that i already had met him."