chapter 8

Kihyun's POV:

Thirsty. I was feeling thristy. I couldn't sleep right now and was rolling around in my bed, craving for a glass of water. Contemplating for a long time whether i should try to sleep or go to the kitchen... i decided for the latter.

I quietly slipped into the hallway and ,without a sound, started heading downstairs, only to be distraught by the vague candle-light and my parents talk, coming from the kitchen.

I quickly motioned myself back in the shadows, so my parents wouldn't catch me and sat on the stairs, listening close to their convo. Something in me just told, that something was off and i should gather information before marching into the kitchen like a boss.

I pressed my body against the railings and looked at my parents, as i could see the kitchen view. The aura was blue.

My mother, tearing up, spoke with a stranded voice, "I don't believe this, i... they can't just do this to us, to innocent people."

My father had put his arm around her, "I'm so sorry honey, i am...so sorry. Although i have no idea how this would have occured, since my job has had it's up's and down's, but never to a breaking level-"

"Please read the letter again, there must be a misunderstanding-" she begged, making my father to give in and take the paper in front of him.

"Dear family of the Yoo.
I, Leader IM, have decided to send 10 males from, economicly unstable families, to live in The Land of Lee for 1 year and 6 months, in exchange to keep your house and your place in The Land of IM.
If you gave received this letter, it is obvious you are a part of this. Whether it be not paying for estate on the right time, or just not doing enough for our society- you have to oblige to the rules, to save your family, your property and your spot here in The Land of IM.

The rules:
* You must choose one male, aged between 15-60 to leave his home and join other strong, wonderful men to go and represent The Land of IM and their families.
* On saturday, 5 PM, everyone who is chosen, needs to be at the front of the Leaders house. Taken with you can be one bag with neccesities- clothes, medical or hygene supplies and anything you need.
* In the The Land of Lee you will work and function like a normal civilian.
* Letter sending to family will be possible, but visiting is strictly denied.

Warning: If your family decides to go against my word, you all will be punished by your home taken away and the whole family sent out to live in the isolation out of The Land of IM.

We don't mean no harm, but in the word of a better place to live, we must make sacrifices and take such spontanious actions. Take this experience as an learning vacation. We are once again sorry for this, but, as you see, we are doing you all a favor, by not pulling the last coin out of you, instead- only one male.

              Sincerely, Im JoonHo, the leader in The Land of IM."

Shakily, he put down the paper on the table and caressed my mothers head, who was pressed against him. She just let out a breath, that seemed, had held in the whole letter.

"Why us?" She asked quietly.

"I think, i think it's my job. We recently had a head to head small conflict with the leaders right arm- General Kim. He was against the new weapons and tools we were developing, that could easily get rid of any strong surface. And since i am one of the main people there... guess it just fell upon us...dear, i'm so sorry..." he cried out the last bit, only to be shooshed by our mother.

"Don't be- you will always be the most truthful one and i don't care in what way this was chosen- we are strong and we will get through this."