chapter 14

Unknown's POV:

"Good morning young master!"

"Good morning!"

"Good morning young master, how did you sleep?"

"Good morning, very well, thank you!"

I kindly greeted every worker in this mansion- they did nothing, but the best of job in keeping this place up to my fathers expectations. Speaking of the old man- his office was the place i was heading to. My steps echoed in the halls, sound hitting off all the porcelain that could be found in 20 metre radius.

Arriving at the big wooden door, i gently knocked on it 2 times, receiving a 'come in' few seconds later. As i pushed the golden knob, i was met with brigh light, that illuminated my fathers work room.

He took off his reading glasses and looked at me gently, "Is there something you want?"

I took a deep breath and confidently strolled over to sit opposite of my him.

"Yes there is. I recently went through papers, reports and reasonings of the 'People sending to the Land of Lee' case. My question is just...why did this happen?" I calmly stated my inquiry, taking an apple from the fruit basket, that sat on the coffee table.

"You see, these families have had financial problems. Some even social problems. Like, for example, we took away a boy from abusive family, in hopes that living somewhere different will strenghten him..or something along the lines with that," my father weakly smiled, having doubts flashing in his eyes. I stared at those dark orbs, not letting our eye contact break, as i bit down on the apple.

Eventually my father broke it, sweat drooplets coming down from his forehead. I continued to express my opinion freely, as i stood up from the chair "Well, first of all, that...thought process of yours is not the best one, secondly- i read the family statuses. Some of then weren't broke and were fine. In fact- those who weren't, all had family members working for the technology research department, which i know right now was focusing on advanced tool and weaponery making, but was mysteriously cancelled at the same time as this send-off, now isn't that suspicious-"

"ENOUGH, CHANGKYUN!"

My fathers voice was shaking and i stopped in my tracks, looking down at him.

"Listen son, i know you are interested in all of this, and you should as the next leader of the Land of Im...but," my father looked up to me, worries and sadness sinking in his facial features, "Please don't interfere in this thing. For your own good....and for me too...i want you to stay safe Changkyun."

I was visibly confused. I didn't get what my father meant with this. As i was about to ask, door opened and General Kim appeared with his ragged up nose, his aura making me gag out my insides.

"Leader Im, the leaders of the Land of Shin have sent the letters and declare a meeting. Can you please assist me at the Leaders table?" General Kim spoke in a gnarly voice, plastering a fake smile on his face.

"..Right, yes," my father replied, stacking up the papers he was working on, "Changkyun, i hope you got all your answers. Please, rest for today, tommorow i'll be needing you in the marking of documents."

I stood bewildered, as my father left, not before giving me last glance- a glance full of love, but also full of anguish.

As i was alone and stuck in my own mind, i looked out the window, having a clear view over Obscurity. I wondered, how are the people there. And... why are they there? What is the bigger idea behind this? And...is this something that could lead to a potential danger?