chapter 3

(Peep thus fence^)

Kihyun's POV:

"Are you ok?"

I heard a rather deep voice call out to me.

"Oh, yes God, i am ok, it's so blissful and beautiful here!" I smiled widely, still only seeing the light, while enjoying the warmth on my face and moving it like a little puppy.

"Well, then, as 'The God' i demand you- open your eyes and pretend to play alive-"

"Huh?!" I immediately shot open my eyes and fastly rose above, looking the direction the voice came from. Finally, as my eyesight cleared up, i was shocked- the fence.

"Are you talking Mr.Fence?" Confusion was bigger than ever before.

"No, haha, i'm right behind it!"

I hold onto the metal bars and looked through it.

It was a boy.

A boy that looked around the same age as me. He had short, dark brown hair and a bit chubby face with big lips.

I couldn't help but to stare in shock, being frozen in place. I was talking to someone... from the other side of the fence, which means... i am talking to someone from The Land of Obscurity.
"Holy smokes~"

The boy, coming down from the steep he was sitting on, which led up to the Town of Obscurity, came closer to me. As he got in the sun, i could see him better. He wasn't wearing anything that someone from Clarity would wear- just a simple linen shirt with some brown pants.

I stared in awe, my mouth just hanging open a bit. I really couldn't believe what i saw.

"WoO, earth to the guy who just had the roll of his life," the guy, now sitting right by the fence, put his arm through and waved by my face.

That took me out of my trance, "S-sorry" i murmured.

He just gave me a sweet smile, that made his eyes go zoom and shape into lovely crescents.

"You have nothing to apologise for. Now, once again, are you hurt anywhere?" he asked gently, checking me out for any bruises or injuries.

"I don't think s- AAH," i started, only to grip my leg tightly, "...i guess a stump touched me harshly." I pulled up a pant sleeve, only to see a bloddy bruise on the front of my leg.

"It doesn't seem so deep, that's good-" the guy started, while shuffling through his bag and pulling out a flask, "Here, some water, clean the bruise."

I took the flask and carefully washed off the mess on my leg. The bruise really wasn't deep, but hurt like hell. I handed the flask back to him, which he took, but pressed something green in my hands.

"...What is that?" I furrowed my eyebrows at the green leaf he handed me.

"That's broadleaf plantain. It has healing effect, is anti-bacterial and will stop the bleeding. Just put it on the bruise," he explained, "I don't have anything to tie it to your leg though, so you'll have to wait a bit and hold in tight to your skin."

I carefully put the leaf to my leg. It was a bit cold at first, but then a soothing feeling entered my leg.

"Thank you," i looked up at him and he smiled once again at me, "Where did you get it?"

"I picked some fresh ones this morning. You never know what can happen during the day... and today- it payed off!" he chuckled.

I smiled back at him. He's presence was so warm and comforting.

"Im suprised you aren't scared of me. Most Clarity citizens just... you know, aren't really glad about our presence," he said in a low tone, a small hint of sadness in his voice.

"Ugh, i hate people sometimes," i rolled my eyes, but shot him a smile, "We are all humans afterall, in fact, im really excited to speak to someone from Obscurity- never had the chance, since Clari-pigs never had given y'all a chance."

He cracked up at my sentence, "Never have heard anyone diss on their own kind- that's admirable...in one way or another."

I blushed from embarrasement, but he, noticing it, quickly added, "I'm glad you think that way however...My name is Hyunwoo by the way...Sohn Hyunwoo."

The boy said and put his hand through the fence bars. I slowly grabbed it and shook it, "And i'm Kihyun...Yoo Kihyun."

"Nice to meet you Kihyun!"
"Nice to meet you too Hyunwoo!"

~~~

"By the way, how did you fall down here?" Hyunwoo asked me, after 20 minutes of us talking about both lands. In fact, the people in Obscurity didn't hate the people in Clarity, they were just sad that we treated them like that.

"Oh, well, thats quiet a funny story.." i scratched my head and told him the whole story about how i followed a butterfly, then a twig under my feet broke and now i was here.

"Haha, i guess it was destined for us to meet then," Hyunwoo giggled.

"I would say that too...yes," i replied, thinking deeply, "Why are you here though? I don't see no bruises on you, so you definifely didn't fall."

He shook his head, "No, i didn't. I come here often. I love this place- it's the only place in Mist forest, where sun shines through and you can see the sky."

I looked around- he was right. I didn't realise it at first, but if was beautiful here. Sun created like a round spot exactly upon us, in the contrast of the rest of the forest being almost pitch black.

"Also, it's really close to school and i come here during my lunchbreaks... just to clear head from all the numberology," Hyunwoo explained.

That caught my attention back to him, "You also go to school? How old are you?"

"I'm 15! 16 in half a year!" He cheerily said.

"Waah, were so close in age. I'm 14!" I smiled brightly, but for my smile soon to evaporate, "CRAP! School- i forgot about that!"

Hyunwoo gently laughed and scratched his head, "Me too- our convo is very intriguing."

I chuckled "Indeed. Ahh, meh school, i'll just say i tripped and will go home...which isn't a lie at all."

"Same, but... without the trip part..i'll think of something," Hyunwoo said, getting up on his legs, "Are you able to walk Kihyun?"

"Yeah, i think so," i slowly stood up, my leg not hurting so much, "Thanks Hyunwoo, for this and everything."

Hyunwoo smiled like a bear, "Not at all Kihyun, i love helping others."

There was a short silence between us, just 2 boys looking at eachother, until i decided to break it, "Can i see you again? Can we meet next week on wednesday aswell? So school wouldn't get suspicios, but we'll still meet... on our lunchbreaks."

Hyunwoo nodded, "I'd love that Kihyun."

I smiled and started backing off, still looking at Hyunwoo, "GREAT! See you next week!"

He just waved at me and told me to look where i was going, so i wouldn't roll off again. When finally i turned and started climbing upwards, i hadn't realised i was smiling till my ears the whole time. Of course, confusion hit, cause i didn't know how to get up, but soon after i figured a fast way to get back on the track and soon enough- i was back at top.

I quickly went back to the rock to grab my backpack, that was, luckily, still there. Everyone was already in class, so just decided to really skip all classes and went to the councelor, telling that i tripped, passed out and only now woke up. Of course i was let free- I'm Yoo Kihyun, the king of persuasion.

Now, as i'm walking pass the fence, i thought:

"You really should just disappear..."