chapter 2

Kihyun's POV:

"But the brave knights never stepped back, as they went onto their journey, that they knew...that they knew..."  i chewed out my words as i also chewed on a cucumber slice. Somehow- i couldn't concentrate.

Right now i was sitting on my favorite rock, at the edge of the schools backyard and mist forest, where i spend most if not all of my lunch breaks.

"Gaaah- i'll just finish it later!" I bickered at mysef, completely giving up on the work and pushing everything into my bag.

As i had thrown the backpack on the ground and plopped elbows on my knees, i looked into the deep, dark forest, desperately trying to find one ray of sunshine in it.

Hearing light snores, i looked over at the Ol'Mahagony tree, seeing Hyungwon's body, laying under it and snoozing soundly. As he said, he doesn't know what lunch break is- only nap time.

I cracked a smile- he really is one amusing person. Once, younger kids tried to mess with his sleep time- let's just say, Hyungwon can be pretty scary when he's mad. Will send you back to be an underground rapper and what not...

As the lunch break was rolling to an end, i took my backpack and started walking back to school. When a small voice in my head made me look at the forest again. And then i saw it-

a butterfly.

"Ohh myy goosh- a bUTTERFLY!" I whispered very soundly and put my backpack on the ground quietly, so i wouldn't scare it away from the pink flower it was sitting on.

It was so beautiful- the wings were a mix of warm color pallete with white, fragile lines- so innocent, yet royal. The lovely shade of brown made the butterfly shine like a gold.

After the Night Apocalypse, almost all butterflies had died out and only in the books it was shown, how they looked like. So now- seeing this majestic, rare creature right in front of me, seemed like a dream.

I slowly tip toed near it and admired it's beauty. "Maybe i should call Hyungwon over? No, i would lose the sight of the butterfly, if i scare it away," i thought.

The next one minute of my life happened in a flash and i never expected it.

The butterfly took off, flying away from the flower, and, weirdly, towards me. It made flying circles around my brown hair locks.

"Yeah, we are matching little guy-" i giggled. Suddenly, it took a sharp turn and started flying towards the forest.

"Oh no! WAIT UP!" I called after it and started following it. Why? I don't know. It migt have been the saying my father always had told, "If you ever see a butterfly, you FOLLOW it- it's your fate bringer."

Or it might have been this little voice, that is STILL annoying me and making me do things. I'm a big boy, i can make my own decision. Yet here i am- following a flying bug.

Weirdly, it didn't go right down the steep hill, but went a bit along the coast of the forest, taking turn only around a big pine tree.

"What is this-" i questioned everything. Behind the tree was a small, small path, that led down in the pit of the forest. The butterfly was already flying down, so i carefully followed it.

The path went like in spirals and it was getting gradually darker, as i went deeper. But the butterfly didn't stop. I chased it all along.

Until it settled on a blue flower. I was panting a bit, having chased this flybutter for so long. But right now- it was so peaceful. At that moment forest seemed so quiet.

I looked at it and felt like it was staring at me, calling me. I slowly took steps towards it, reaching my hand out. I didn't want to harm it...just feel it, pat it- SOMETHING. My hand was inches away from the butterflies snuzzle, so close-

*snap*

My face collided with the forest ground, making me start to roll off the cliff, right down into the deep, deep forest.

"AaAa.....OucH" i yelped while falling. The forest was very bumpy and a stump just had hit my leg.

Fortunately, i wasn't falling for very long. Soon the ground turned flat and i was starting to lose my rolling speed, when, suddenly, i crashed my body into some metal rods, which made me fall onto my back. I felt soft moss under me and rays of sun hitting my face.

"Maybe i'm in heaven-" i thought while slowly opening my eyes, seeing blurry, bright light....

"Are you alright?"