chapter 25

Hyunwoo's POV:

"Happy birthday, Shownu!"

For the 100th time my morning errands been spiced up with this sentence. Cheerfully waving back to the land folk, i shyly chuckled. It was somewhat unusual to hear both Hyunwoo and Shownu on daily basis. Interesting nonetheless. Of course when i hear him roll "Hyunwoo" instead of "Shownu" off his tongue, i feel all giddy. But speaking of him, where is Kihyun?

It all started when i woke up- a note was placed on my desk. On it was a little, drawn star and under it- the letter K with a dot. My mind immediately connecting some other imaginary dots that K is Kihyun, i went on his search. But what's with this mysterious note?

Indeed, today is my birthday. Usually i don't celebrate it with a big party, just have a casual hang out with the people closest to me. This year was no different, though i wanted to spend some alone time with Kihyun. Show him some of my favorite childhood places, maybe plant a cheeky kiss on his cheek, who knows~

Yet, snooping through the dusty barn corners and under every small ladybug in the gardens, i couldn't find my Kihyun.

I wished i had his genius brains, to figure the now-crumpled up note by myself, but my head was empty.  It didn't help my situation, that i couldn't recognize him for a long time, really showing how fast my mind worked in situations surrounding him. Small tasks and the non-stop search occupying the whole day, it had gone by from dusk till dawn. Sky setting in the creamy orange tones already, warmly burning the skin like after a good swim, that was actually just sweat pulsing off of my heated body.

"Now where is that carrot planted?" I mumbled under my breath. He is either really good at hide & seek or i am missing some major detail. But what? Strolling alongside the edge of potato field, i saw Hyungwon and Wonho energetically working on there. Well, energetic one being Wonho, Hyungwon doing his best by throwing little spuds Hoseoks way, whilst sitting down on the mushy ground. They together MUST know about Kihyun's whereabouts and could give my needed answers.

"Hey guys!" i ran up to them, trying not to trip and go swoosh over any dirt piles. Seemingly, Hoseok flinched upon my arrival, oppositely Hyungwon just sat truly relaxed equal to his poker face.

"Nuuuu.. in a hurry?" Wonho chuckled, giving a warm smile, Hyungwon slowly digging potato grandpas in the ground. But something was fishy- they acted normal. Too normal for today, for this moment.

"No- i mean, yes. I am looking for Kihyun, do you know where he is?" I asked, with my last hope hanging onto these two hopeless bread loafs.

"Kihyun? No, we haven't seen him, who even is h- OUCH! Wonnie, you have more force than you reckon with..." Wonho rubbed his clave, that got abused by flying potato, breaking a somewhat nervous answer.

"He means, nOoooOOO, we don't know where that pocket size thing is, you just might have dropped him somewhere, Shownu~" Hyungwon reverted his eyes my way, giving a shrug at the end. And suddenly... pulled up a cheeky grin. He is hiding something.

"No, i really don't know where he is! I thought someone might have seen him, but he is nowhere in the land," out of frustration, i mysself landed on the ground with a thud, right next to Hyungwon.

"Well, there is also the part of la- Hyungwonnie, i like you, but this is now a personal attack!"

"Glad we got to that level, Hoseokkie~" Hyungwon grinned at Hoseok, his eyes disappearing and i could sense he is cursing at him just with his face. He was so good at that. The second potato had hit Hoseok on bicep and if this carries on- i will be worried for his face. Looking back at me, Hyungwon softened his grimace, "Well, you can't really lose a brightly orange hair man that easily. He must be somewhere important, you know~"