"I'll have you know I don't solely rely on my magic. I know how to fight and defend myself without it, I know how to heal without it. My magic doesn't define me Geralt. It isn't what makes me who I am. I can't believe you right now" you said as you stood up and dusted off your hands. You began walking away when Geralt grabbed your hand.

"It was a joke Y/N. When did you become so uptight?" he asked and you scoffed. You yanked your arm away from him and pushed him back.

"Leave me alone Geralt. You are unbelievable. I'll show you" you said as you walked away.

Geralt watched you walk away, completely and utterly confused. He always made jokes, so what was the difference with this one. After a while, he went looking for you and couldn't find you anywhere.

He asked around and was told that you had come home, packed all your things and taken off. He couldn't believe you had left town completely because of a little joke he made.

"I'll show you"

What did that even mean? Show him what? Are you running away because of a joke? Geralt had no clue where you'd even go.

You might go and see your father but Geralt doubted it. You hadn't seen him since he sent you off to learn how to control your magic.

Geralt had no idea where you might have gone. You didn't talk to a lot of people so you didn't necessarily have friends to go stay with. You didn't like to travel but you could just teleport with your magic to anywhere you wanted.

"Good luck finding her Geralt. She seemed angry. She almost created fire behind her as she walked" your neighbour said to Geralt as she walked past him. How were you so angry? He made a small joke and you had completely gone. Disappeared. And nobody knew where you had gone.

Geralt went and gathered his things and began riding to the next town over. He knew that you wouldn't have stopped but he wanted to ask someone in the town that might know how to find you.

"Triss! Long time no see!" Geralt said as he jogged up to her.

"She said you'd come here. She knows you too well and clearly, you don't know her" Triss said as she turned around and walked into her house, Geralt right behind her.

"She was here?"

"She came for a couple of minutes and then left. She wanted to buy a couple of supplies from me" Triss explained and Geralt looked at her confused.

"Supplies?"

"There are some spells that can't be cast without certain plants and liquids. She came and brought some from me. Told me about what you said, I can't believe you said that and then told me where she was going in case I needed to find her. But before you ask, I am not telling you"

"Can't believe what I said? What are you talking about?"

"You told her she'd be useless without her magic Geralt. That hurt her. She struggled so much to gain control of her magic and how to use it. She struggled the most out of our class. She tried so hard to get to where she is today that's why I can't believe what you said. She might have discovered she could use magic when she was young but that doesn't mean she only knows how to do stuff with her magic. She had to learn how to balance it with her everyday life. Bet you've forgotten what training she did" Triss said and Geralt stared at her.