g ; nightmares

••"NO! DON'T GO IN THERE Y/N!"

••
"NO! DON'T GO IN THERE Y/N!"

"I'll be fine Geralt, I'll be quick," you said and ran away, out of his grasp

"Y/N!! WHERE ARE YOU?!"

He staggered through the woods, it was pitch black and he was trying to find you. You'd run away from him, promising you'd be quick. It had been half an hour since he'd last seen you and he'd began to get worried. The woods weren't a safe place. Not even for a witcher, especially for a woman such as yourself. Geralt knew what lingered in these woods, but you didn't. The creatures in the woods aren't friendly and he began to panic as he ran deeper into the woods and there was still no sign of you.

"Y/N! PLEASE CALL OUT!" he shouted, hoping that if you were in trouble you'd call out or that he'd at least draw attention from you if you were in trouble.

His head shot to his right as he heard a small scream, his heart dropping. He picked up his paces and ran in the direction where he swore he heard the scream. He was praying to any god that was listening that it wasn't your scream and if it was, that you weren't hurt or in any danger of any kind.

He stood in the middle of a clearing and stopped. He couldn't hear, see, or smell anything. He'd lost track of your footprints and he stood there, spinning around, panic upon his face.

"Y/N!! PLEASE LOVE! SHOUT AT TO ME! WHERE ARE YOU?!" he screamed, clutching his head, tears brimming his eyes. You were the most important thing to him and if he lost you, he'd lose every part of himself. He knew he shouldn't have let you go in the woods, let alone by yourself. He knew that you didn't really know how to defend yourself. He'd tried teaching you but you threw him down and sat on him and he got caught up in the moment and one thing led to another and you both had gone from fighting to rolling around in the bedsheets together. He never tried to teach you again, but always considered the moment he tried to teach you one of the best moments.

"GERALT!" he heard you scream, he ran in the direction of your voice but just came into another empty clearing. The earth began to shake and rain started to pour down.

"FUCK!" he screamed, clutching his head as he knew this would make it more difficult to find you.

"GERALT!" you screamed, shaking him trying to wake him up. You slapped him around the face and he shot up, panting heavily and tears pouring down his face

"Y/N?" he croaked out, reaching for you. You climbed into his lap and pulled him close. He leaned his head in your neck and started to weep. You stroked his head and let him cry, knowing that his nightmare was probably really bad for him, especially as you're a heavy sleeper and he managed to pull you out of it.

"Please don't leave me," he said in a quiet voice, his head not leaving your neck.

"I'd never leave my love," you said, kissing his head and holding him tighter.

It was a scary night for you both. You'd never experienced Geralt have a nightmare that bad before. And it had been bad enough for him to cry and beg you to not leave. And in a strange way, it had pulled you closer together.

You pulled away from the hug, holding his face in your hands and looking him in the eye. You wiped the tears from his face and kissed his lips lightly.

"I am never going anywhere Geralt. I'm by your side till the end of time, or until you don't want me here anymore" you said, chuckling lightly which caused him to laugh lightly with you.

"I'm never going to not want you by my side," he said, cupping your face and connecting your lips. You sat there for a few minutes, just kissing and embracing each other.

-•-

Sorry that it's kinda short, I struggled with trying to make it longer :)

Don't forget you can request imagines too ☺️