g ; another witcher

••[ INSPIRED BY A SUGGESTION MADE BY Incredibletosay ]••- Geralt needs another Witcher and finds out that they are actually a female pretending to be a male because people don't like female Witchers and it's not acceptable -••Geralt rode into the ...

••
[ INSPIRED BY A SUGGESTION MADE BY Incredibletosay ]
••
- Geralt needs another Witcher and finds out that they are actually a female pretending to be a male because people don't like female Witchers and it's not acceptable -
••
Geralt rode into the local town and handed Roach over to the stable hand and walked towards the inn. He had spent the last couple weeks making his way here. Rumour had it that this was the location of another Witcher and Geralt had to see for himself. There weren't many Witchers out there, Geralt knew them all. But he didn't know this one. He had never heard of Y/N. Apparently Y/N was a new Witcher on the block and as far as Geralt knew, Witchers hadn't been created for ages. So who the hell was Y/N?

He walked into the inn and looked around. He couldn't see another Witcher anywhere so he picked a table at the back, got a drink and sat down. He would wait for all eternity if he had to. He knew Y/N wasn't leaving this town, everyone he had spoken to told Geralt he was known for staying here and not venturing any further than Pela.

About 2 hours had passed and suddenly the tavern had gotten louder. People starting cheering as the door opened. Out of the crowd came a Witcher Geralt had never seen. Y/N. He waited for you to get away from all the crowds before he approached. Didn't want to risk an ambush or the townspeople getting the wrong idea. You looked around and saw Geralt sitting in the corner and your eyes went wide. You quickly picked up his stuff and began to leave the inn. Geralt stood up and followed. Clearly this person was an imposter and didn't want Geralt to expose them.

"Rirsir!" Geralt called out as he chased you down the street. Rirsir was determined to lose Geralt but Geralt wasn't going to let that happen. Rirsir turned down an alleyway and found it to be a dead end. You turned and looked at Geralt with wide eyes. You were stuck.

"Please don't hurt me," You said in a quiet voice and it threw Geralt. Normally he'd be challenged into a fight but yet here Geralt was, being begged to not hurt you.

"I'm not going to hurt you. I want to know who you are and why you're pretending to be a Witcher?" Geralt said as he walked closer to you. It was clear you weren't going to escape and had no intention of hurting Geralt, which was strange for a Witcher.

"I'm not pretending to be a Witcher. I am a Witcher just like you. Can we go somewhere else and talk about this? So I can show you properly?" You asked and Geralt nodded.

"No running away," Geralt said and you nodded. You both walked to the inn together and walked into a room, checking the hallway to ensure you weren't being followed. Some people weren't nice to Witchers, even if they had one in their town.

"I am a Witcher just like you. I was created just like you and I'm certain I was the last one to be created. But there is one major difference between you and me" you said as you both walked into the room. Geralt sat on the bed and looked at you, indicating for him to follow.

You pulled your jacket off and boots. Removed your shirt to reveal that Y/N was actually a female. It was impossible.

"I know. It's impossible for a Witcher to be female. I am aware. Hence why I believe I was the last one to be created. People don't respect female Witchers. Like they don't respect females. Even as a Witcher, I am expected to mother children and care for a family" you said as you sat down next to Geralt. Shell shocked was an understatement.

"But I can't have children of my own"

"Neither can I. Doesn't stop them expecting me to have children. Nobody would give me jobs and everyone looked the opposite direction. I wasn't treated as a Witcher. I was treated as a female. So I disguise myself as a male to get jobs" you said as you looked down sadly. Geralt was appaled. Your gender had nothing to do with her ability as a Witcher. You were the exact same as Geralt and yet people only looked at you for your gender and judged.

"I'm sorry that people look at you that way," he said and held your hand. In some weird way, you were family.

"It's okay. Can't help it. But people don't look at me twice when I'm dressed as a man. They treated me like one of the guys and I get decent jobs. Instead of babysitting constantly" Y/N explained and Geralt nodded. It made sense. People doubted your ability because of your gender so they gave you jobs that she should be able to do like every other woman instead of trusting that you were capable of the same jobs as Geralt.

"We can fix this" Geralt said and you shook your head.

"It has been like this for too long Geralt. If they found out that I was actually female and I pretended to be male, they might start a manhunt for me claiming I am an evil witch trying to deceive men and steal their gold. I have just started making a name for myself, I can't risk it" you said and Geralt sighed. He knew it was true. A manhunt would be put on your head if people found out.

"Come with me then. You don't have to give up your disguise and it also means you'll get to battle better beasts. Come with me" Geralt said and you looked at him. It sounded amazing. It would mean you could experience beasts you aren't experiencing here in Pela.

"I'll come with you," you said and smiled at him. He nodded and stood up.

"Be ready to leave at dawn tomorrow" Geralt said and left. You smiled to yourself and made your way to bed. Excited to go on an adventure.