g • j ; the ancient ones

••

••

••Thank you for 31

••
Thank you for 31.8K reads ☺️💜
••
"What on earth are you talking about Jaskier?" Geralt asked as he rode alongside Jaskier to Cintra.

"You can't tell me you, a Witcher, haven't heard of the Ancient One who can control the Ancient beasts," Jaskier said in disbelief. He was expecting Geralt of all people to know about the tale.

"Ancient one? Ancient beasts? Did you hit your head?"

"There is a tale of an Ancient one who has the ability to call upon Ancient beasts. There are 5 Ancient beasts and they each control something, one controls thunder, one controls water, one controls fire, one controls the wind and one controls earth, like the ground. They are all-knowing and powerful creatures are all taking the form of ancient dragons with snake-like bodies and all have long whiskers and horns. The Ancient one can call on them and they'll appear and help them. Nobody has ever seen them apparently, but my grandmother swore they were real, and it was only time before the Ancient one appeared again" Jaskier said and Geralt stared at him. Dragons? With whiskers and snake-like bodies?

"You're pulling my leg Jaskier. Things like they don't exist" Geralt said and Jaskier laughed.

"They are real Geralt I promise you"

"You have been going on about these Ancient beings since you saw your grandmother last week and it is starting to give me a headache. Things like this just don't exist. It's fairy tales and childhood tales"

The ground vibrated a bit which caused Geralt and Jaskier to stop and look around. They were in the middle of the bridge crossing from Rozrog to Cintra as Geralt had said it was the fastest way. Jaskier looked behind Geralt to see a Selkiemore emerging from the water.

"Uh, Geralt," Jaskier said as he pointed behind Geralt. Geralt turned and hopped off Roach and ran to the edge of the bridge, Jaskier close behind him. There on a small island in the middle stood a white-haired person.