g ; white eyes

••"What is that girl doing?" Jaskier asked as he watched you walk around

••
"What is that girl doing?" Jaskier asked as he watched you walk around. You were approaching people and making gestures with your hands but everyone was ignoring you. Geralt watched you with interest. You looked like you were trying to talk to people but somehow couldn't.

You were frantically looking around.

Geralt could see your dress was dirty and stained as was your hair. You turned and Geralt gasped. Your eyes were completely white and you had a huge cut on your face that was bleeding heavily.

Geralt stood up and raced towards you, pushing people out of his way.

"Are you okay?" he asked as he gently took a hold of your arm. You jerked it away from him and started moving your hands again. He looked down at your hands and noticed you were talking to him. Your eyes might have been white but you could see. You were either mute or deaf.

Geralt signed asking if you were okay and you sighed. Nobody was talking to you and you needed someone to help you. You told him you needed help. You had been kidnapped and managed to escape but were scared they were going to find you.

Geralt covered you with his cloak and guided you towards his table with Jaskier. Jaskier was watching the whole time and was very confused.

"Uh, Geralt. I love you and all but what are you doing?"

"She is deaf Jaskier. She needs help. You can tell she isn't from here. She was kidnapped and the people who took her will come looking for her. We have to protect her" Geralt said and Jaskier sat there with his mouth open. Protect her?!

"I hate to break it to you Geralt, but we can't protect a deaf girl! You know they say to not associate with the blind and deaf" Jaskier said as he began looking around. People who were deaf and blind were rumoured to be evil and bring bad luck to all. Jaskier was worried people wouldn't trust him and Geralt because of some girl.

"Either help me or leave then. I am going to protect this girl if my life depends on it whether you like it or not. She needs help and I will give it to her. Help me or leave" Geralt said as he passed her some water to drink. Jaskier looked at Geralt and sighed. He trusted Geralt and obviously Geralt was seeing something in you that he couldn't see.

"Fine. Let's get her into the inn and cleaned up" Jaskier said and Geralt nodded. They helped you stand up and helped you into their room within the inn. They ran you a bath and allowed you to clean yourself and some time alone.

"Why?"

"She is deaf. She can't hear anything around her. She speaks using sign language which many don't use as they think they don't need to use it as it isn't important to them. She needs our help. The people that kidnapped her have a thing for doing this. They are the Tenderstems. They take deaf and blind people away and torture and abuse them. Use them for testing and treat them horribly" Geralt explained as he sat with Jaskier. Jaskier couldn't believe what he was hearing. People did that to other people?

"That is why I am helping her," Geralt said and Jaskier nodded. He wished everyone knew but they wouldn't care. People didn't trust them. Unlucky as they were called. Not to be trusted or known to bring curses on families.

The door creaked open and you stood in the doorway. You had washed your hair to reveal beautiful gingery-blonde hair that came to the middle of your back. You wore a yellow dress that Geralt had gone and picked out for you. You were beautiful. Even your eyes.

"Want to tell us about you?" Geralt signed and spoke so that Jaskier knew what was happening at the same time.

"They took me because of my eyes. I don't have normal eyes which would help me blend in more. They are white. I'm the only person with white eyes apparently. They wanted to take my eyes from me to try and create something using them. A uterus or something" you explained as Geralt spoke what you were signing and Jaskier sat there horrified. They were going to remove your eyes so someone could have a body part magically made from them? But what about you?

Geralt walked over to you and lightly embraced you. He knew the kind of magic they were using. It was the same magic that was used to create him. It was magic that shouldn't be used and hurt people the most. They most likely wouldn't even numb you or knock you out before they removed your eyes, they would just remove them without a care. The thought made chills shoot up his back.

"We will keep you safe I promise. They won't be able to hurt you anymore" Geralt signed and she smiled.

"My name is Y/N. Yours?" you signed and he smiled brightly.

"Geralt. This is Jaskier. He can't sign but he can learn" Geralt signed and she laughed. She waved at Jaskier and he waved back.

"She's pretty cute," Jaskier said and Geralt swatted him which made her laugh.

You finally felt safe. You might not be able to see either of them but you could tell by their presence that they were trust-worthy people.