thirtyone.

Gwen admired herself in the mirror, her brown hands fell down on her growing hips. She felt on the material of her black knee length dress she was wearing for her grandmother's funeral. Her natural hair was straighten down to her bra strap. She decided to skip makeup and only wear lipgloss because she knew she would be crying for majority of the day.

Charles came out the bathroom spotting Gwen rubbing on her small baby bump that showed in her dress. He crossed his arms to admire her beauty for a moment. He removed his eyes from her, he walked across the room to the grey couch in his bedroom. He picked up his black suit jacket, he put on the jacket and he buttoned it up. He shifted his eyes to Gwen, she was sliding on her black red bottoms.

"You sure you can handle those, Bunny?" He asked gaining her attention, he watched a beautiful smile appear on Gwens's face. He knew she loved the nickname he gave her.

"I can handle it, baby. Thanks for your concern it's really sweet," She smiled looking up at him. Her eyes observed his outfit, she thought he looked very good so she made it known.

"I appreciate it," He said accepting the compliment Gwen gave him. He walked over to his mirror and adjusted his black tie.

Gwen stood up wanting to receive some love from Charles. She couldn't help it, she loved being in his warm arms. She love having him around, he was her other half. Both Charles and Gwen were well aware that she was going to need all his strength to get through this day, it was going to be tough for her.

Charles eyes lift to Gwen who appeared in the mirror behind him. She walked in front of him and snaked her arms around his torso.

"You're wearing the cologne I bought you," Gwen smiled smelling her favorite Versace scent. "It smells great on you."

"It's my favorite now actually, you did good," He smiled leaning in to kiss her, she did the same until her full gloss lips was on top of his lips. She moved her right hand to his check, he moved his hand on her round butt. She tilted her head as she slipped her tongue inside his cool mouth. Their moist tongues wrestled until Charlie took control and begun to suck on both her tongue and bottom lip. Gwen giggled, he pulled away and pressed her lips once more.

"You're so beautiful," he complimented sucking in his bottom lip while wiping off the excess saliva off Gwen's bottom lip with his thumb.

"Thank you hun," She blushed slightly.

"You ready?" He asked pushing back her natural hair, so all her hair was flowing behind her back.

"No," She mumbled talking a deep breath, her fingers nervously toyed with his black tie. "but we have to go.." she trailed dropping her eyes.

——

Gwen arrived to the funeral late purposely. She didn't want to be questioned about her pregnancy or Charles yet. She wanted to say her goodbyes to her grandmother in peace.

Gwen quietly enter the back of the church with Charles behind her. Her eyes floated around the medium-sized church she use to attend when she was younger. The wooden pews was filled with family and friends all dressed in black. Everyone was grieving the lost of a great soul. Grandma Annie touched a lot of people. She was very active in both the church and community.

Gwen took a seat on the back row of the church, Charles sat next to her. A few of Gwen's cousin turned around hearing the sound of the door close. The two young woman face lit up when they spotted Gwen. They haven't seen her a while due to the fact they moved away from the toxic family after they graduated high school. They were a few years older than Gwen and knew how greedy and selfish the family was, so they left.