nineteen.

"This is why I didn't tell want to tell you," Gwen sighed sitting on her couch while Charles leaned against the all with his arms crossed.

"Why is it that you always get defensive when someone is speaking the truth to you? Would you rather me lie to protect your feelings?"

She looked at the television that was playing Catfish, "I don't want you to lie about how you feel. I don't to talk about it anymore just drop the entire situation." She glanced up at him.

"I'm not dropping it because it bothers me that fact you hid the fact it from that you spoke with her," He voiced. They were arguing over the fact Gwen made up with her mother. Charles was annoyed that one she didn't tell him and two she gave in so easily.

She lifted her hand up and spoke, "Because I knew you were going to act like this..." She trailed off. "It's not that deep.. you're being dramatic," She said rolling her eyes.

"Clearly, it's real deep since you felt the need to hide it," He replied back growing annoyed. "I'm not a be dramatic it's just when she hurts you again I have to pick up the pieces again."

"Just let it gooo.." She sighed holding her aching head with both of hands.

"This ain't no damn frozen I ain't letting shut go. We talking this out."

She snickered even though she was upset, "I don't want to anymore, babe."

"Why?"

She lifted her eyes up to him, "Because at the end of the day that's my mom and I'm going to be there regardless on she treats me. I get your point of view but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it."

"That's the thing why do you feel you have to deal with that when you already know how she's going to treat you?" She was growing upset by the second. He was spilling knowledge and wisdom but she didn't want to hear it at the moment. She was hoping he would leave it alone but she knew he wouldn't.

"I don't want to deal the aftermath of her hurting you," He replied keeping his composure.

"Then don't! Let me handle my shit on my own!" She snapped losing her temper. Gwen was the type to bottle shit up until she explode.

Charles didn't reply he simply left without saying another word.

The following day...

"Did you visit your family over the weekend?" Stacy asked Gwen who was drinking her morning smoothie.

Gwen swallowed the mango pineapple smoothie that was in her mouth," No, I've been so busy with stuff..." Stacy crossed her tan legs, and studied Gwen. She knew something was up with her best friend.

"Spill it..."

Gwen eyes glanced away from her loading computer to Stacy, "There's nothing to spill." She lied.

"Girl... what happened?"

Gwen gave in, she needed someone to talk to anyway. "Okay, so last Friday Charles and I had a great time at his photo shoot and then Sunday rolled around," She started off. "I was going to see my mom but Charles wasn't with that shit. For one, I didn't tell him that I made up with her. He felt like she was taking advantage of my kindness— I forgave her too quickly. Charles is the type not to hold his tongue so he told me how he felt and I disagreed and told him to mind his business.." She explained, Stacy eyes widen hearing the tea.