two.

Stacy above.

***

"Samatha and I have some news," Johnathan, Gwen, older brother started off. His brunette wife smiled before standing up at Gwen's mother round decorated kitchen table. The family watch as Samatha rubbed her belly indicating she was pregnant. Gwen mother, Janet, screamed and jumped excitedly as if she had won the lottery.

Gwen sighed and sunk in her seat. She prayed the old wooden floor would swallow her up.. literally.

Don't get her wrong! She was happy Samatha was pregnant with her third child, but she knew the black lash of the news.

When are you going to start dating Gwen?

I'm not getting any younger, Gwen.

If you like girls we won't judge you, Gwen.

Blah blah blah.

Gwen snapped out her thoughts and congratulated her brother and his wife before placing her wine glass to her lips. She swallowed the red wine and mentally prepared for her mother's lecture.

"When are we gonna see a little Gwen running around here?" Her mother Janet asked bringing out brownies for dessert.

Gwen rolled her eyes. She could never catch a break when it came to her mom. Instead of answering she poured herself another glass of wine. She hoped her mom would get the hint to shut up but she knew she wouldn't... she's a Scorpio. You know how that goes.

"Seriously, Gwen you're almost thirty years old." Her mother continued. "You don't have forever to have a child," Gwen sighed and zoned out her mother's and brother's voice. She was so tired of the same ole speech. Her family was starting to sound like a broken record to her and she was over it.

"Gwen, don't get in one of your moods. We just don't want you to be lonely with a house full of cats," Johnathan added.

She heard enough at this point She was going home to peace and quiet. Her mother finally grew quiet when she noticed her daughter was putting on her oversized jacket.

She was finna head out.

"I'm so sorry I'm such a disappointment to you two. But I refuse to open my legs and pop out kids by a man I don't love. I don't understand why you feel like I have to follow a timeline. I will have a child when I'm ready to have a child. No matter how long it might take."

"I love you guys. See you next Sunday," Gwen said kissing her grandma, Annie, on the cheek before walking out the house.

On the way home, she invited her best friend to come over. She had a long night and wanted to get drunk with her best friend. Unfortunately,
Stacy had plans to get her back broken in by her man so Gwen went home alone.

She opened the door to her two-bedroom house. Her house was decorated in a rustic farmhouse style. She always dreamt of living in the country once she returned but for now she was stuck in the suburbs. Her residence was close to her office which is where she was most of the time. She didn't have any pets because she didn't have anytime for them. She tried to have fish but eventually that went bad fast. So it was Gwen alone.