twentyfive

Gwen pushed open Charles office door, she knew he wasn't in yet because both Ashely and Charles had informed her.

Gwen took a seat behind Charles empty wooden desk, she sat in his large brown leather chair and swirled in his seat. She soon grew bored and placed her feet on his desk, crossing them. She relaxed in the chair and strolled through her social media account.

Finally, the sound of Charles opening his office door gained her attention. She looked up from his phone seeing him on his phone, a bright smile appeared on his lips when he spotted her.

"Just email it to me and I'll sign it," Charles said walking over to Gwen. Gwen eyes took in his outfit, he was wearing an casual outfit. She knew he must've been rushing because he always dressed up professional for work.

He placed his brief case on his desk, and walked around his desk. Gwen smiled as he held the side of her face, he was getting ready to kiss her but wanted to finish his phone call first.

"Call me if anything changes," Charles said admiring Gwen before leaning down to kiss her lips. She tilted her head smiling, she  held the side of his face and pressed her lips onto his. Both Charles and Gwen lips lingered for a while until Gwen slid  her tongue across his bottom lips wanting entrancing, he parted his lips giving her access. She slithered her moist tongue inside his warm mouth— he tasted of mint gum. Charles used a little aggression and took control of their kiss by sucking on both her tongue and bottom lip. Gwen giggled but kept their lips attached, Charles pulled back and pecked her lips quickly.

"I miss them lips," He said looking into her eyes.

"They missed you too," She smiled kissing again before pulling away.

He chuckled and stood up, "You look good behind my desk."

"Don't I?" Gwen smiled standing up, so he could sit. He sat down and pulled her on his lap.

"How was your break?" She asked watching Charles intertwine their hands, he noticed she was wearing the bracelet he bought her.

"Great," He said lifting his eyes up to her. "I wished you would've came with me."

"I regret not going with you," She confess looking into his eyes. He noticed something was off with her.

"What happened?"

"Well for starters everyone was wearing matching pajamas except me and Stacy which made me feel out of place. Two, I found out my brother had a gender reveal and didn't invite me. Third, the topic of my magazine spread came up and they were pretty hard about what I was wearing.." She expressed growing sad all over again about her Thanksgiving Day.

Charles didn't say anything for a few moments because he was growing annoyed. He hated the way Gwen family treated her but what he hated more was that Gwen allowed it. It was like she didn't know her worth.

"I don't know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything," Gwen mumbled. "I think I learned my lesson... finally. I really don't want to hear the I told you speech."

"The last thing I would want to do is to make you feel worse than you already do," Charles admitted. "Just know that I'm here and I'm not going anywhere." He promised lifting her chin up. He sighed noticing tears were falling from her eyes.

"It's okay to cry— let it all out," He encouraged laying her head on his chest, Gwen cried in his chest releasing all the heartache her family ever caused.

Charles stayed quiet and allowed Gwen to have the moment she needed. He held her tightly giving Gwen a feeling of hope— that she would never be alone again. Charles spoke encouraging things in her ear calming her down. She sniffed as her crying calmed down, she was out of tears.

The sound of Charles office door opening gained his attention. He looked up seeing Ashely. Her eyes landed on the couple who was sitting behind his desk, her eyes connected with Charles eyes. He shook his head no, she silently backed away dismissing herself.

Gwen took a deep breath and sat up, "You have to get to work... I should get going." She said wiping away a stray tear.

"I think we should take the off and just relax. How does that sound?"

"Sounds good but-"

"So let's go," He said cutting her off.

"You sure?" She asked.

"I wouldn't had ask if I wasn't... let's go," he replied.

——

Gwen looked out the window as Charles drove to their destination. Charles glanced over at Gwen who was quiet and drowning in her thoughts.

He felt useless, it wasn't nothing he could do to make her feel better except distract for a while and to be there.

He couldn't fix it for her.

He reached over and placed his hands into hers, Gwen looked down and intertwined their hands before looking back out the window.

Charles kept driving until he reached his destination an indoor laser tagging facility. He had Ashley called ahead and rent out the building so they could have it to themselves.

He wanted her it have fun and to get her mind off things.

Gwen laughed once she noticed where they were.

"Baby, I'm about to kick your ass," She laughed looking over at him.

"We'll see.. whoever loses has to make dinner."

"Mhmm.. how about whoever loses has to give head," She smiled.

Charles laughed. "Why your ass always horny?" He asked smiling.

"Have you not seen yourself?" She asked rubbing his cheek.

He shook his head, "Either way that's a win-win for me. A challenge is suppose to be something I don't like doing and I love eating your pussy." He said causing a blush to appear on Gwen's face.

"And I love when you eat it so lose," She smiled.

"How about this I'll eat it if I win or lose."

"That's even better."

He chuckled, "But we still have to make a challenge."

"Whoever wins the loser has to post the other person on their social media account as their significant other." Gwen answered biting on her bottom lip nervously.

Charles eyes widened, "You ready to be public?"

She nodded.Charles smiled, he was taken back but he was feeling excited and delighted.

"Do we have a deal?"

"Deal."

——

I enjoy this book so much that I'm going to try and stretch it to 30 chapters instead of ending it know lol