Chap -47

Tessa's POV.
His punch show me stars in the daylight. Victor is in so much depression that he will kill and feel no pain or guilt about it. I have to stop him before he tells everything to Mason. I hold Mason's hand and beg him with my eyes to leave from there.

Victor wants to kill me while he is watching and want Mason to feel pain but tge whole accident was not even Mason's fault. Victor want to blame Emily's murder but it is not the truth. It was Emily's choice to be there at Mason's place in the car. It was those stupid people fault who planned the accident.

" You have to get out of here Mason. He wants to kill me in front of you. " I said in a whisper. " He is crazy Massy. You have to listen to me and get out of here. " I added.

" What are you talking about, I am not going anywhere. " he said.

Victor is looking at us. He is looking angry now. Oh shit, he will hit mason or harm him. I have to do something, think Tessa. Think.

" Why are you doing this Uncle. " Mason ask him.

" You want to know the truth, okay let me tell you. You killed your mother. You are the reason why she died that day. Your dad's fucking enemies failed the brakes of your car but You got sick that day so Emily took your car and the person who should have died that day was you. The reason they wanted to kill you was so fucking lame. But I killed each and everyone of them ." he laughed creepily and continue.

"You was the last person that is on my list to kill but then your girlfriend came in the picture then I thought why not kill her first. This way you will feel the pain , the pain that I'm going through every single day since Emily died. She looks so much like Emily that at one point I was thinking about not killing her but then you came and I remember that I am doing this for Emily, I can't be forgiving ." he come forward towards us. He is a psycho, he is going to kill both of us and I can't do anything about it.

As he was just two steps away from us , the door again open . A cop was at the door holding a gun at Victor. He was warning Victor to surrender and that his whole gang is caught . The cop is looking confident like he know what is he doing. Victor didn't turn around ,he is looking at me and then in seconds everything went blur but all I heard was a gun shot and it was clear that is did not came from the side of cop. Victor took out his gun from his pocket and shoot.

The way Victor was looking at me, I knew the shot was at me but I wanted to look at mason before the shot kills me. Everything around stop as I look at mason. He was holding his shoulder but his eyes were on me. His eyes rolled back and his body drop on mine. He took the shot that was for me.

He is shot because of me.

I tap his forehead and whisper in his ear to talk to me. I don't know what is happening around me . Mason open his eyes for a second and said something in whisper that I couldn't hear because my heart is thumping so loudly that I can't even hear my voice.

I shook his shoulder which is not injured. My vision blurred as tears came out of my eyes. I sobbed but I can't hear my own voice . Two hands pick me up and some other guy try to pull away mason from me. I push the hands away from mason harshly. No one can take him away from me.

" Ma'am , we have to take him to the hospital. " The person who was trying to take away  from me said.

" Only if you take me with you. I won't let you take away mason without me coming with you. " I said with a hope that they are really taking mason to the hospital and not some another basement.

" Okay, we have to hurry because the boy will not be alive if the doctors don't treat him right away. " The person said. I nodded.

They carefully pick Mason up and put him in a stretcher. His whole shirt is red because  of the blood. Why did he took the bullet, the bullet was for me and now if something happens to him, I will never be able to forgive myself for it.

The ambulance was at the gate. There are at least fifteen cops at the door. How did they know this place is where I'm kept. The ambulance reach the hospital. They immediately took him to ICU. As they close the door of operation room, I fall on the ground sobbing. He is in that room because of me. I don't think if I look him in the eyes after this. The guilt started to feel in my heart.

What if he di---. My mind get blank just from thinking about it. I feel up some form, the nurse came and tell me something about my check up but my whole attention is at that room where mason is battling for his life because of me.

The operation room open and I run towards it. The two doctors are talking to each other as I ask him what is Mason's condition they said I have to wait ,they  can't share the information if I'm not a family member. They talk with the police officer who helped me taking mason to the hospital. The are talking seriously so I called Charlie and ask him to come at the hospital.

" Honey, what happened? Are you alright. Did something happened to you. Let me call mason " He said.

" Its Mason " I said.

" I'm coming " he replied.

I sat at front corner of the room. I put my hands around my knees , the arms are not Mason's. The feeling of safety is not here anymore. He is a fighter, he will make it. I know but at the same time I'm scared.

I get for about an hour, my tears stop .The voices around me again felt silent . A hand shook my shoulder as Charlie asked me something.

" Are you alright. " Charlie ask. I put my hands around his neck and cried . He patted my head assuring me that mason will be fine. He will make it , tge doctor said that he is not serious but he is unconscious so they can't tell him anything. He lost so much blood .

" Do you want to see him " he ask softly pulling away from the hug and wipe my tears. I nod my head unable to say anything from the crying.

" He is unconscious so don't be anxious. Okay. He will be awake in the morning. You have to call your mom and inform her that you are okay. She is worried. " he said.

In all of this stuff, I forgot about my mom. She must be scared out of mind. I took Charlie's phone and call her.

"Hello" Her voice came out the other side.

" Its me. Tessa. " I said .

" Oh honey. You scared me. Where were you. I been calling you nonstop but your phone is switched off. I was about to call police. Don't scare me like that young lady."
She scold me.

" I'm alright but Mason is in ICU. He is in there because of me Mommy ." I sobb. .

" I'm coming there, okay. Don't cry, everything will be alright " . I nodded.

I cut the call and look around me to search for Charlie. He was talking to the police officer. As I get close to them they stop talking.

I knew right away they are hiding something from me.

Vote me.
Follow me if you like my story.

Stay safe and avoid going out.

Comment on how you are spending your quarantine.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.