Chap -31 Date 2

We watched movies till midnight. I started to feel sleepy. I put my head back towards Mason's chest, his rhythmic heartbeat is not helping at all. I was about to close my eyes but suddenly out of nowhere, a loud banging sound came.

I jump from the voice. Mason look at me and mouth " don't make any sound " and went towards the window to see the reason for the earlier sound. I glance at the opposite window which is at the back door and see a silhouette pass by. I didn't even have time to warn Mason as the silhouette turn the lock of the back door and open it.

I closed my eyes for a second and pray to god, I don't know how to fight so I won't be able to save Mason.

The silhouette comes near the candlelight and that helps me to see him clearly.

James.

What is he doing here?

" You idiot. You better not do that again cause the second time you won't be able to walk. I was seconds away from beating you. " Mason said angrily at James as he scratches his neck. Mason never raises his voice in front of me but right now, I don't even recognize him. It's like the fire is coming out of his ears. Why was he this uptight about someone intrude in the cabin? I have to confront him about this, he never told me about his past in detail.

" Cool down bro,  I didn't you were here or I wouldn't have come. "James replied irritatedly. Wow, it's something new. The first time I talked to James, he was so polite and humble. Was that all an act of being nice.

He falters toward me. Is he drunk, I took a small step backward because I am not trusting him as he is not in his right state of mind.

Mason comes in between his way of approaching me.  Why is coming closer to me, does he want to say something.

" James, are you alright.  Are you drunk? You can tell us " I whisper.

" You are so adorable, comforting me and all. I am warning you to leave him " James said as he points his finger to Mason. He added." When mason's mom died I used to think, how mason is all alone now. I prayed to god to give him all of my happiness. Here he is, taking all my happiness and leave me with nothing." he suddenly started to laugh creepily and stop with halt.

" James you are stoned and talking nonsense. Leave before I call police " Mason command James with a deadly serious tone.

" I'm talking nonsense. Hahaha, you took everything from me. I will kill you " James said in fatal silence.

" Tessa, can you go outside for a second, I want to talk with James alone," Mason said.

" Why not talk in front of her. She should also know What type of family she is getting into ." James argued.

" Mason, what is he talking about. What am I getting into " I asked in curiosity? The whole matter is like a blank page to me.

All of this happening so fast and it is so much confusion. Is Mason keeping some secret from me, which I should have known before?

" Tessa, you are so naive for this ugly family shit and I suggest you should leave before he drags you into this huge mess of lies and revenge. " James said in a scary way.

I am more lost now. What is happening here? Why are talking about each other as an ugly shit and What revenge is he talking about. I looked at Mason to see his expression, he is pale which means he knows what James is talking about.
He tells me about his kidnapping part, mother murdered part but what about this revenge is he talking about.

" Now you reach the limit, you are going out of this cabin or I am calling police this instance " Mason's voice sends shivers down my spine. He can be scary.

I came forward and take Mason hand intertwine his with mine in assuring way. James saw this and laugh maniacally. James turn around still laughing and went to the back door. He turns his head and look at me with a hurt smile and said.

" You should leave Mason before he knows about you " and that made me froze in my place.

Who is this he?  Mason's lips are moving but I can't hear anything as I feel like I fell in the water and can't breathe. It's like the time when dad left us. I used to be like this every night. All world around become silent and I felt like my throat is being held tightly by someone. I can't breathe and say anything. By the look of Mason, I am looking worse than I thought.

I am having a panic attack. It's been years since I had one. I was about 13 or 15 when I had this severe attack. I want to assure Mason that I'm Ok and he has nothing to worry about but words stuck in my mouth. I can't breathe, why am I even having a panic attack, I can comfort myself that all the things James said was wrong but, I think he was telling the truth and it scared the crap out of me.

Everything around me started to get blur and I feel dizzy and nauseous. Darkness came in a way like never before.

Who is this he? Why doesn't Mason warn me about this he person? Is he scared of him too?

Darkness consumes all my thoughts and I fell on worried-looking Mason's arms.

Vote me.
Follow me if you like my story.

I'm so so so happy. I love you guys who are reading my book. My story reached 2k views today and I am still in heaven. I love them who are voting every chapter and I want to give you all, lots of muwaaahhh 😘😘😘😘

 I love them who are voting every chapter and I want to give you all, lots of muwaaahhh 😘😘😘😘