New Lacy in TownEDITING THE BOOK FROM HERE

The next day at the office Lacy was working on a new case they had just gotten in when her assistant, May, called, "Mrs.Colter Line 1!" Lacy sighed, last week she had just finished the Colter case but the lady of the household was VERY picky and needed everything just so. Lacy picked up the phone and held it to her ear.

         "Hello Mrs.Colter!"Lacy even plasterd a fake smile for good measure.

"Lacy dear I just heard you moved out of the Everheart household", on top of being Lacy's pickiest client Mrs.Colter was also the town gossip. "Yes mam I have", Lacy said.

          "Well dear I was over there telling Margret and the girls hello but this very petite woman answered. She said she was Jay's . . . lady friend and that Margret and the girls were in Dallas. But the thing that caught my attention was that she had said that was her new home." Lacy took a calmingXzibit breath.

"Mrs.Colter it isn't how it seems. Darla is a friend of Jay's who lost her family. I was already leaving so he offered Darla the room." Lacy gave her a warm laugh, "Don't worry Mrs.Colter we all now my husband is a christen man."

         Mrs.Colter gave one of her silver bell laughs, "Well I guess he is how silly of me well I'll let you get back to work. Bye Lacy dear." "Goodbye", Lacy spoke kindly hanging up the phone.

        "If she only knew", Lacy whispered to herself. Then she again heard her assistants voice, "Mrs. Everheart isn't in there!"

Lacy cursed under her breath and stood up walking to the door, "Who-" Lacy cut off as she came face to face with Marcos. "Hey Lacy", he said hesitantly.

        "Marcos", her voice was barely a whisper. Marcos was Lacy's best friend in school but when he made a mistake, a major one he bolted to get out of town. "It's ok May I'll handle this one", Lacy smiled. May looked hesitant but nodded and went back to her desk.

"Come on in Marcos", Lacy said with a sickly sweet smile. She opened the door wider and stepped back to let him in. Marcos stepped in nervously and walked over to one of the seats in front of Lacy's desk. "So what brings you from San Antonio Marcos", Lacy asked as she walked behind her desk and sat down. "I had heard that you and Jay were . . . Separating." She glared at him, "That's none of your business anymore." He looked up at her with Jade green eyes. "I know I messed up with the three of you Lacy, and I am so-" "Stop", Lacy demanded, "Chet and Jamie are happy now just leave town. And my office. Now." "lacy-" "Now!", Lacy yelled standing up from her chair, her red eyes blazed with fury and pain. Marcos sighed and looked her in the eyes, "You know he misses me Lacy he'll never forgive you for kicking me out." "he doesn't need you", she snarled, "no one does here." Marcos glared and stormed out of the office.

Memories threatened to drown Lacy, again, but she held strong she couldn't resort to tears now.

Time for changes and new beginnings. she thought with a smile

* * *

Lacy went to the mall in San Antonio the next day. New clothes, make up, cut her floor length hair to her hip bones, and even some new under garments. When she left with bags hanging off her arms she was smiling from the turning heads she got. "Now let's see how everyone else likes my new look."

When Lacy returned to town she called Margret up and told her to met at Carlen's for a drink. Margret agreed happily and said she'd be there in 20 minutes. Lacy put on a black corset top and hip hugging dark blue jeans. She straightened her deep red hair and topped it off with a black bow. Putting on some black wedges she grabbed her car keys and bolted out the door.

She arrived at Carlen's in five minutes. Lacy slipped into the booth and waited. Not ten minutes later Margret walked into the bar dusting off snow from her jacket and scarf. She looked around a few times she looked at Lacy a few times. But Lacy's memorizing red eyes were hidden beneath her new bangs. "Margret", she called. Margret turned slowly and gaped at the sight of the new Lacy. Surely this wasn't the same Lacy. Margret hustled to the booth an slipped in, "Lacy?"

"In the flesh. Now I came to discuss some things-" Lacy Jay says he's very sorry and would like to apologize", Margret interrupted. Lacy sighed, "There is no need Jay was just saying how he felt is all, no need to get in a big fight about it. But I am leaving by the end of January." Margret's looked confused, "Where will you go?"

Lacy looked towards the door and saw what she knew would be there, "Jay will buy me out of course. Darla will need a man who can drip her in diamonds and such, with all of the company Jay can give that to her. Can't you Jay?"

Margret's face paled. Lacy could see Jay's arrogant smile in the reflection of Margret's glasses. He slid in beside Margret, "How are you Lacy?" She glared openly at him, "Jay." "I heard an old friend was at the office today", he said. Of course May would tell him he got into her pants often enough. "Marcos was there fanning old flames", Lacy said with a sultry smile. He clenched his teeth at the remark, "Well aren't we the little fucking flirt."

"Jay", Margret hissed.

"Don't you worry Jay in 49 days I'll be outta here and on to better places. Well that's what Marcos says were going." Jay's eyes flamed, "You fucking little cheat." Lacy got up from the booth, "see you around Jay, Margret. Oh and Jay please don't let Darla answer the door to Mrs.Colter we don't want a scandal now." She walked past the booth and right out the door. But not before Margret got a sight of the little firm mound hiding in the corset.

Lacy pulled into the driveway and rested her head against the steering wheel. "Damn migraines", she moaned. It took ten minutes before she could stumble into the house. "Lacy", a voice called. But Lacy wasn't in the damn mood. She stumbled to her bed and collapsed with a sigh. Before her vision dimmed she saw three figures rush into her room.

Was that quick enough Micey02?????? :)