She . . . Left?

Jay roared up the driveway and sprung out of the car. He marched up the front steps and stopped when he saw a note taped to the door.

Dear Jay,

I knew you were gonna come here..and all I can say is . . . I'm sorry. I am so very sorry. Not about the baby oh no I love this child already even at only a couple weeks along. But . . . I have left and will only come back for the annulment, I can promise you that. I want you to be happy. I always have, and i know your sense of duty will want you to keep this ring on my finger. That cant happen. I love you Jay Everheart don't ever let anyone tell you different. Tell Margret and the girls good bye for me please. I hope everything works out for you Jay.

-Lacy

Jay looked at the road he had just come from and remembered seeing a motorcycle speeding down the way. "She's pregnant and on a motorcycle", he growled fiercely. Jay thought of hiring some one to go find her. But that wouldn't do, she would be back. Of that he was sure. Even though he shouldn't  care if she did. So why did it feel as if half of his soul was now gone?

 .  . .

Lacy arrived in San Antonio in a hour, she was tired, irritable, and just wanted to sleep. But first she went to Marcos's old house, thankful he had a spare key in a hidden compartment ear the engine. She unlocked the door and tenderly stepped in. She smiled as she noticed the neatness and well clash of colors of her surroundings.

She set her bag near the front door and walked into the living room. She sighed and sat on the loveseat looking at the surroundings around her. "We can make this work", she said softly placing a hand protectively over her stomach.

* * *

Meanwhile Marcos was walking out of the Thirsty Horse with a stumbling Chet and Jaime. Jaime ran to the truck, well skipped to it really, Jaime was a friendly drunk. Chet meanwhile fell straight onto his face while going down the steps, he was a silent clumsy drunk. Marcos lifted him up and Chet leaned against him. Marcos swallowed twice before getting himself together and putting Chet in the truck. Jaime was in the back singing to '123' by Brittney Spears.

Marcos swung into the front seat and turned the truck on roaring out of the place and home.

When he pulled up to the house he noticed that there was a dark somber figure sitting on the front steps. Marcos hopped out of the truck and jogged to Jay not worrying about the two passed out in the back for now.

"What's up man. Lacy didn't let you in?", Marcos chuckled. Jay looked up with dark brown eyes, "She left." Marcos eyebrows shot up, "What?" Jay handed him the note Lacy had left for him. Marcos quickly read over it and grew sad, "But . . . A couple weeks?" Jay's teeth clenched and he looked up at Marcos, "Yep."

Marcos got it then, Jay didn't know he was gay so Lacy decided to say Marcos was the father. Thanks a lot Lace he thought sarcastically. "I think you should go home Jay", Marcos said, walking back to the truck and picking Jaime up bridal style. When he went back to the steps Jay was gone and he left the note in a crumbled ball on the first step.

* * *

The next day Lacy got out of the house and to the bank to her secret account. See Lacy's great aunt on her mothers side was a queen of Spain but only Jay knew that. So Lacy left the two million dollars left to her mother in a secret account so no one could get to it but her. She withdrew a thousand dollars and went to Wal-mart and got a few necessities like shampoo and stuff for milkshakes. The woman at the register looked at the items then at Lacy's bare left hand. Lacy's cheeks heated and she walked out briskly to the rental she had gotten earlier that morning.

Lacy's eyes were filled with tears. She wasn't a slut . . . Was she? She always went to church she said her prayers she volunteered and donated to charities. But she was pregnant and getting a divorce soon . . . Lacy started the car and drove down the road noticing the little snow flurries in the air. Lacy tried to be happy there was snow in San Antonio but how could she now that these thoguhts were  invading her mind?

* * *

Jaime was furious , besides her hangover, about the fact that Lacy had left because of Jay. But she understood how no one could tell that Jay that it was his kid or else he would make Lacy come back and then make her so unhappy.

Marcos was the only one who knew where she was and that's because his home security is connected to his phone. He decided to go see her next week and convince her to come home. She had to she was the only one who could explain what happened to Jaime plus Chet and clean his slate.

It was the whole reason he came back.