Chapter 34: Far from alright

Start from the beginning

…couldn’t stop…remembering…

A spasm, a jerk, every movement I made caused a whimper to leave my mouth. Body trembling, heart clenching…it was too much to bear. I couldn’t breathe.

“It won’t hurt a bit.” He laughed darkly.

Another sob, another tremor through my body and I almost lost it. I could still feel those hands…tracing their way roughly between my legs, groping and tormenting the flesh, forcing them apart—

“N-no!” I sobbed, unable to cope with the memory. I could feel warmth surrounding me; the familiar, comforting scent of someone I loved holding me in their arms. A voice made its way past the darkness, the soft tone easily pulling my attention to it.

“Liam…? It’s going to be okay, it’s going to be okay...” The voice whispered, repeating the words over and over as if to believe just saying them would bring them to life. I clutched tightly to whatever I was holding. The tears wouldn’t stop and I couldn’t help the words that stumbled past my bruised lips.

“It won’t…it WON’T!” I screamed, my hoarse voice making me wince at how it got that way. I shook harder, begging for the throbbing pains shooting through my body to disappear. Every single bruise, every sore spot…I knew exactly how it got there.

I felt disgusting.

Harsh gasps escaped my chest, making it harder and harder to concentrate. To gain any control. I wanted to continue screaming, echo my pain to every corner of the Earth. I wasn’t able to, though. My mouth sealed itself shut again, only allowing my cries to come out. Either way, I would struggle to utter coherent sentences even if I did speak.