21 : Surprise Reunion I

Raj

"Mr. Khanna, I expect to see great things from you now that you are no longer in my standard class." My teacher, Mr. Reynolds tells me as I pack my things.

"I won't let you down, Mr. Reynolds." I shake his hand good bye before exiting his class. But I'm not far when I am called back.

"Raj, can you take these to the main building? I would do it myself but I still have a ton of papers to grade." I can tell its mostly a statement but I don't push it.

"Sure thing," I grab the file he left and walk out. It feels good to no longer be in his class. Don't get me wrong, he's a cool teacher but he gets aggravated to easily and boy was it way to often.

I walked out the double doors into the outside hall. I saw this couple hold hands and instantly my mind went to Sonia. I wish I can see her again. To hold her and kiss her.

I walk into the office and head straight for the secretary. She's in her early thirties and she tries to flirt with me but I reject her.

"Hey, Raj. Haven't seen you in a while." She says, trying to expose her breasts through her black button shirt.

I scoffed, "Yeah, I've been busy. Scarlett, these are supposed to go to the Dean. Is he here?"

"Yeah, just let me give him a call." She says, finally giving up.

I give her a small smile and looked around, spotting a girl who looks oddly familiar. She begins to slowly turn around and my eyes widen in surprise.

Rhea

Since my arrival in London, everything has been going well. A friend of my father's gave me a place to stay (his eldest daughter's apartment) until I am able to get my own place. He wished me luck on my interview and gave me a tour of her home. That was the only time I saw him until today - the day of my interview.

I got up and brushed my teeth. As I got ready for my interview at L.U., I couldn't help but smile. Finally, everything is going the way it should be. I grabbed my bag and left as soon as I knew I was ready.

He waited for me.down stairs to take me to the university since it was a bit of a walk. During the drive, he explained the double decker busers were the best mode of transportation, but to always get on an hour before - in case I have an appointment or something of great importance. If not, the taxis were the second best choice.

I gave him a hug as gratitude. Walking up the steps, I heard him yell "you'll make your father proud" before driving off.

"Hi, I'm here to speak to the Dean."

"He is busy at the moment. Can I get your name?" The lady asks. She pulls her shirt up a little, covering her nearly exposed breast.

"My name is Rhea Sahani. S-a-h-a-n-i." I spell my last name so she won't get it wrong.

"Ok, I'll let him know. You can go ahead and wait." She points over to the chairs, but I go straight to the window.

The view from here is amazing. People walked by with smile on their faces as they spoke to the people around them. I soon heard my name being called as I turned around, meeting Raj's joyful hazel eyes.

3rd Pov

"No way!" Raj says as he walks towards Rhea before engulfing her in a hug. She takes in his scent of cologne before letting go.

"What are you doing here?' Happiness was found in each word as Raj spoke.

"I'm here for my interview." Rhea points at the Dean's door. Raj looks back and sees Scarlett, the front desk woman, wink at him.

"Rhea, I'm afraid the Dean isn't coming for your interview today. Would you come back another time? We can give you a call if you'd like?" Scarlett speaks, breaking the connection between Raj and Rhea.

"Yes, that would be lovely. I should go, Raj." Rhea says, quickly trying to leave but Raj grabs her arm, preventing her fromy leaving. She looks back at him and hoped he would let go.

"Why don't we go get a bite to eat? I'm starving." He states. Suddenly, she begins to feel happy as he puts his arm around her.

"Yeah, I guess. Let me give her my information first." She chuckles.

Raj

"So when were you gonna tell me you were here?" I ask as I take a bite out of my sandwich.

She laughs, "Do you remember the time that I told you I was applying as a surprise?" She asks, looking towards the city as we eat lunch on the roof of my complex.

"Yeah," I motion for her to go on. Soon I realize what she meant. Her coming here was the surprise. I playfully hit my head, "And all you need is the interview?" I ask her, excitement building in me.

She nods, "That's all. Then I get to study Art." She speaks in a quiet tone.

"Sonia likes art." I state. Suddenly, my mind once again goes to the fiesty Sonia whom I still love.

"How's Sonia doing?" I ask, moving my sandwich around a little. I look up to see Rhea staring at me with question.

"She's alright. A bit upset about the break up but she understands why you did that."

"I miss her, you know. I hope she knows I still love her with all my heart. I wish I can be there with her and be the way I always hoped it would be." I can feel Rhea stare at me. I look up and meet her brown eyes; something hiding her eyes. I try to figure out what it is but she looks away. "How's Karan?"

"He's marrying another woman." She says in a quick sentence.

"Wait, what?"

"He became engaged a little after we started going out." She took a sip of her water but kept her eyes on the city ahead. "He told me he didn't want to marry her because he loved me, but it was arranged." I could tell the subject was hurting her. I placed my hand on hers, "I'm sorry you went through that."

"It's not your fault." She chuckled. "How could you have known? You weren't there?" She closed her eyes, pulling her hand away from mine. "Sorry," she whispered.

"Well, I'm here now." I smile, spreading my arms like an eagle. "Do you want to give me a tour of London tomorrow? Since it's the weekend?" Her eyes lit up as she speaks.

"How about now? Since we have some time?"

"Really?"

"Yep," I stand up and help her get up when I realize how close I pulled her. She clears her throat and backs away, "Let's go."

I grab her hand and we begin our adventure of London.