6: Hidden Feelings

Sonia's POV 

After the race, We spent time talking about Raj's trip. Soon it got dark and we all went home. I got home and went straight to the shower. I put it on warm water so I can get my body heat. After shampooing, and shaving, I stepped out.

I put on a purple tank-top and grey sweats on. I walked up to my God's statue, and lit the candle.

"For the first time I've looked at a guy and felt something," I spoke to the statue, "but this can't be love. It can't happen like this." I backed away and slowly started to walk to my bed.

"I thought when I fell in love, I would be on cloud nine; I thought I'd feel shy looking at hin, but this is nothing like that. Yet still, I like him. It's easy to be friendly with anyone but love is something I know nothing about." I sat on my bed.

I pulled back my comforter, and laid down, "This is where you come in. You have to help me out with this whole love thing. Well, good night. I'm sleepy," I yawned as I turned off my light, and laid my head down. 

As soon as my head hit the pillow, I closed my eyes and entered a serene world.

3RD POV
*Rhea's House* 

Raj walked up the stairs, on his way to his room. He was about to enter when he turned his head and spotted Rhea on her computer, typing. He took a moment to look at the room before knocking on her door. 

Rhea looked away from the application on her screen and saw Raj standing in the doorway. "Oh, I'm sorry did I disturb you?" Raj asked as he walked into her room. She smiled and shook her head, "No, it's okay. Come in."

Raj took one turn to look at Rhea's room. "This is the same room, isn't it?" He asked, mesmerized by the color and lights. Then he saw Rhea's computer, "This is the same room where Tina used to write to me from?" He asked in full happiness.

"This is the same room, same computer, and the same......me." She said the last part low as he began to look around again. She still felt a little heartbroken at the thought of her lying, making him fall hard for the girl he thought he was writing to.

"Fifteen years," Raj said, holding his arms out. "It's exactly how I imagined it." Rhea smiled as he spoke those words. She shook her head, looked down, then met his eyes as he pulled up a chair across from her.

"So what are you working on?" Raj looked at the screen, then Rhea for a response. "I'm applying to some universities in London," She spoke with a smile that warmed his heart.

His eyes widened, "London? You're going to London, and I didn't know?" He shook his head playfully, making Rhea laugh a little. "I wanted to surprise you," she said as she fiddled with her thumbs. "What are you going to study?"

"Art," she replied. Raj smiled.

"Art? Sonia also likes art!" He said, remembering a conversation he had. Rhea felt a little sad, but covered it up. "Which university are you applying to?" He asked again. "London University."

"No way; I'm going to London University." He said, pointing at himself. "I know," was all she could respond with. 

"Why didn't you ever email me?" Rhea's smile disappeared as he asked her. I did, but I wasn't writing as me, was what Rhea wanted to tell him but didn't. 

"If I did, would you reply to me as you replied to Sonia?" She asked back, knowing he couldn't answer that well. 'What's that supposed to mean?" He asked, confused. 

"That's the point. Anyway, forget it." She brought up something she knew the answer to, "You really like Sonia, don't you?" His eyes suddenly lit up but not so bright as she thought they would.

"You're her friend, so I can tell you." He stood up from the chair. "You know, without meeting each other, without seeing each other, we-" he heard Rhea stand up and walked behind him. 

"We know everything about each other," she said, hoping he would realize what she meant. "Not just that; perhaps we started falling in love." He said, mesmerized. 

"without a meeting," she spoke softly.

"Without having to see each other."

"It's such a beautiful bond," she spoke softly. She felt the small spark.

"And what makes it better is that Sonia is so beautiful." The admiration in his voice was noticeable.

"Yeah, she is," Rhea spoke quietly. She looked up as she met Raj's gaze, where happiness resided before he pointed at the radio. "It's my favorite song! Oh, Raj Kapoor was a genius. Can you turn it up?"

Rhea stood up and did what he asked but the cassette began to act up, so she took it out and tried to fix it when she heard another voice singing. 

"I have fallen in love, so why is my heart so afraid of love?" Raj walked up to Rhea and extended his hand. When she shook her head, he pouted until she gave in. "My heart says the road ahead is difficult, and the destination is unknown."The two friends danced in her room as Raj continued to sing, "My heart says the road ahead is difficult, and the destination unknown." Raj spun Rhea back into his arms, realizing how close they were. "I've fallen in love."

He sang without concern about their close proximity that affected Rhea more than he realized. She broke away from his arms as he chuckled from the humor of the moment.

"Rhea, you've been such a good friend to me these past few days. I've never had a friend whose been a girl." They both laughed lightly.  "You'll be my first girl-friend." She smiled, at least we can still be friends. "So what do you say," he stuck his hand out.

"Will you be my friend?" Raj smiled as Rhea shook his hand in acceptance.