39 - An Answer Long Overdue

After another night of celebrating the upcoming wedding of Sonia and Raj, Rhea felt herself grow weak with anticipation of Raj's next move. She looked down at the terrace; her family has begun to eat breakfast without her, deep in discussion about the previous night, no doubt. Raj coincidently looked up at her, giving an innocent wave when no one paid attention to her. 

"What desire rages in my heart?" He sang, gathering everyone's attention. 

Rhea began to make her bed, then gathered her clothes.

"Take all you want, but there's no trade-in love. She answered his song with her own. 

She took a shower to remove the scent of rain from yesterday, and dressed in regular blue jeans and a white long-sleeved shirt, 

"If you lie, the crow will bite," Sonia sang, pushing over Raj and danced with Rhea,

Raj smiled as Sonia kissed him in the cheek, then laughed when she took a bit of her sandwich. "So, what did you think of my dancing last night?" Sonia placed her chin on his shoulder.

"it was amazing, just like you, Miss Universe." He whispered.

"The brave ones will carry their brides away," Raj sang while letting his eyes stay on Sonia, who blushed.

"I can't believe that you and I will be married in six days." Sonia sighed, "it's amazing how far we've come, huh, Raj?"

"Of course." He took a sip of his water. 

"So leave with your memories of laughter and tears," Sonia sang as she hugged everyone that meant something to her in her lifetime, "Now we're estranged." She walked behind Raj, and made hand movements in Rhea's direction, "Your beloved is no more." She hugged Rhea, who felt happy.

Rhea decided to leave her hair down. She placed her bracelets on her wrist, remembering a time when Raj had his mom's bracelets resized so that they could fit her. She shook away the memory. 

"I'm your Casanova, and I'm your foe," Rohan made his grand entry dancing with some of the girls around him before stopping in front of Rhea with a flower. He smiled at her, but she took the flower and hit him in the head. 

"What brings you here," she sang while walking away from him.
"You wanted me to be here."
"Then you'll tell me why," she didn't realize that the flower was still in her hand. 
"Only if you give me a smile," and she did. 

Time was running out for Rhea, and she felt it when her hand touched the cold doorknob. She hesitated to step out of her room, but this choice was something that had to finish. 

"Till I came to the crossroads, where I lost my heart," Mr. Sahani danced and sang with great power that Rhea felt the words within. 

Sonia looked up at Rhea's window, "what's taking her so long to get out of bed?" 

"Maybe Rohan swept her off her feet?" Mrs. Sahani answered, "oh, they look like a beautiful pair." She then pinpointed Raj, "were you able to talk to her?"

"Why so silent? Something is wrong," Sonia hit Rohan in the shoulder and expressed Rhea's presence. "Is it love at first sight?" When the two only shook hands, Sonia meant to push Rhea into Rohan's arms.

Rhea and Raj both knew that neither could run away from the promise. Both were already deep in the wedding fantasy. Deep down, she loved Raj and wanted nothing more than to be with him, but Sonia needed him more. 

"Then, on a colorful night, when the prince went away to marry," she looked at Raj with a smile and began to dance, "and I danced to my heart's content." Raj walked around her as she sang, admiring her beauty.