13: Date Planning

Sonia

I thought about the othed night as Raj, Rhea and I ate lunch at one of my favorite restaurants.

"Sonia, will you go out with me?" I could hear him say. I let go of his hands and created space between us as confusion atirred in his eyes.

"No," He looked at me with saddened eyes. Instantly, I was yanked to another part of the house by Rhea as I began to vent.

"Can you believe he had the nerve to ask me out?"

"Why don't you give him a chance? He's nice and he's had a crush on you for years." She told me.

"I know but," I was at a loss for words, "it was so unexpected. Plus, you of all people know I don't date.'

"C'mon give him a chance. You never know....you could have fun. Plus, it's just one date." Rhea spoke in a soft tone.

"Fine," I turned and walked out of her room to talk to Raj. "If I say yes, will you leave me alone?"

He smiled, holding the necklace he have him in his hands that brushed lightly against my skin. "The heart wants what it wants, so you won't need to fight it anymore.

"How about we make it a double date?" Raj and Rhea stared at me in shock. "What? Do I have 3 heads?" I went back to looking at myself in the mirror.

"Sonia... this is a date. A date means two people." Raj spoke, a slight hint of anger had grown in his voice. I rolled my eyes, "No its means a time and place to do something."

"Even so Sonia, where are you going to find a couple to double date with?" Rhea said. I slowly turned around and smirked, "Why don't you invite Karan?"

Rhea

"Why don't you invite Karan?" Karan. A name I haven't heard of since high school. I felt Raj's eyes burn into me as he questioned who Karan is.

"He's a boy that Rhea dated for a year in high school." I could hear his name being chanted when he was the football captain.

"How come you never mentioned him?" Raj sounded amused yet interested in the name I never mentioned. "I always spoke to you about my love for Sonia, but you never mention Karan."

"You talked about me?" Sonia's voice broke the silence. "Yeah, Everytime he could." I glanced at Raj and saw he was blushing.

"Plus, I haven't spoken to Karan in 3 years." I added. "Well, lucky for you, I bumped into him and he said he'd loved to catch up with us. So is that a yes?"

I hesitantly nodded my head, then remembered, "If Raj is okay with it?" All eyes were on Raj as he stared at us. "Sure, if it makes you happy."

Sonia squealed, "Yay!!!" She left the room, leaving me to be alone with Raj. "How come you never mentioned him? " Raj said, curiosity biting in his words.

"Well, I didn't think he was important..... at the time." I couldn't tell him the truth. I dated him to forget you and I did until he moved. Now he's back again. "He was a nice guy when I got teased for being top of the class. So we dated then he had to move."

"Did you love him?" Raj asked, making little gestures with his eyes as we walked side by side to the stairs.

"I tried to." I honestly did try, but it was for the wrong reasons. "He was patient, kind, and loyal. He was also popular because he was the captain of the football team."

My mood fell when Raj began to laugh. "No way, Rhea. You dated the captain?" He held his stomach as we reached the bottom of the stairs.

"I did." I looked at him with seriousness. "It's funny, he reminded me of you a little bit." I smiled looking down, "we even talked about getting married some day."

"You, a smart girl, dated a jock?" He laughed once again. "Rhea, you deserve more than a helmet head."

"I know I did, but he was there for me." I bit back accidentally. His smile dropped into a chuckle. "I know I could've learned to love him, but he left." He became quiet as I made a connection between Raj and Karan.

"That's it."

Shahrukh is playing Karan!!!