16: Rhea's News

Sonia
2 months later

I walked over to Rhea's house and a letter in hand. As I walked onto their lawn, I saw Rhea on her computer, smiling at Raj.

A sensation I had never felt before formed in my stomach as I saw them chat. What if they are really in love with each other? I mean, she made me sound different and he fell in love with her, not me...

A fast motion waved me out of my thoughts. I looked at the window and saw Raj waving and so was Rhea. I waved back and then pointed at the door.

Soon, I was embraced by the smell of cinnamon and a bunch of hellos. "Hey Sonia," Raj came down the stairs in sweatpants and socks.

I couldn't help but stare at his toned abs. He had a six pack and boy do I want to run my hands down...

"Sonia!" Rhea said, shaking me. I gave her a nervous smile. I looked at Raj and saw he was smirking. I glared at him, and he began to walk upstairs.

Rhea

"So you and Karan, huh?" Sonia wiggled her eyebrows. I playfully hit her with a small pillow.

"He had asked me to go out with him." I told her. Her eyes grew wide, "And what did you say?" I could tell she was hopeful that I said yes.

"I said yes."

I've never heard Sonia squeal with so much excitement. She grabbed my hands and jumped. I did the same thing she did when Raj knocked on my room door with a smile on his face.

"Let me guess - Sonia said yes to my wedding proposal?" He stood by us.

Sonia have him a playful glare, hitting his chest. "You wish, Mr. America."

He feigned the pain. "That is my dying wish." He chuckled, putting his arm around Sonia, who rolled her eyes. "So what's the celebration?"

"Karan asked our best friend on a date and she said yes!" Once again, Sonia squealed with excitement befre hugging me. "We have to do your hair and makeup..." she stopped tonthink for a minute before her brown eyes widened, "what are you going to wear?"

"My clothes," I chuckled.

She shook her head, "no offense, Rhea, but your style isn't captivating any boys. I'm surprised that Karan asked you out since you don't look sexy from any side - well, maybe the back." She lightly hit my bum before walking over to the closet. I laughed in astonishment. "I'm serious, Rhea. You dress up like a teacher. Doesn't she, Raj?"

I looked at Raj, "do you think so?"

"I think you look beautiful." He hugged me, and I tried to melt into his arms as Karan entered my mind. I quickly removed myself from his grasp and sat on my bed. Sonie looked through my clothes, throwing out what didn't fit into her "stylish" code. Beside me, Raj sat and warched Sonia.

"It's sweet how caring she is of you," he chuckled.

"Well, we're practically sisters since we grew up," my voice lowered into a whisper as I watched him watch Sonia, "together." Suddenly, a guilty feeling rose from the ground beneath me. "Raj, about what I said before.."

"Hm? What did you say?"

"About Karan being there for me while you were in London, I didn't mean to say it. It's just - so much has changed between all of us (more than you know, she thought) and I just got upset because you were making fun of our relationship-"

"Rhea," he placed his arm around  me, "you have nothing to apologize for. Yes, I was a little hurt when you said that, but you weren't wrong." He sighed heavily, "Trust me, I wish I grew up with you guys but I was a kid when I left so I didn'treally get a say."

"We all were." I chuckled.

"Besides, you were protecting someone you love so I forgive you."

I am protecting more than you can see, Raj, but if I tell you... you will leave forever.

"If being with Karan makes you happy, then I'm all for it."

"You know what we need to do?" Sonia stood in front of both of us with a determined look on her face. "I'm thinking sexy daredevil for a jock."

"Sonia, no." I stood up. "This is my date, and I will dress how I want to. Besides, the date is tomorrow night."

"Can we, at least, use this moment as an excuse to go shopping?" So ia gave the puppy eyes until I gave in and said yes. " Raj stood up to join us but Sonia pushed him on the bed. "Sorry, Mr. America - girls only." Our arms interlocked and we left to the store.

********
3rd POV

"This looks like a good store." Sonia pointed out as they walked in. The bell on the door went off, signaling a lady to walk our way.

Sonia started to search for the perfect dress for the birthday my dad was going to surprise my mom with. "I'm going to see if they have any sexy red dresses," she says as she walks away

"I guess." Rhea responds. She took a look around, and started to look for a dress. After a while, she finally spotted a beautiful white dress. Rhea walked up to it while Sonia spoke to the lady that made her way towards them.

Slowlt, Rhea picked it up, and quickly went to the fitting rooms. "How many?" The lady asked. Rhea told her one and she led her towards a room. As soon as she left, Rhea stripped her clothes and tried on the dress.

The bright color made her tan skin glow. The golden belt had added a sparkling touch.

"Rhea? Are you in here?" Sonia's voice echoed through the rooms. Rhea opened the door and showed her the dress. Sonia took a breath and smiled, "You look absolutely beautiful. You should get it."

"I will." Sonia smiled as they locked arms and made their way towards the cashier. As they got near, Rhea accidently bumped into a woman. She looked at her, "I am so sorry."

"It's okay. No harm, no foul." The lady smiled and walked away.

Rhea looked at Sonia, and paid for the dress. "Wait, what about your dress?" Rhea asked Sonia.

"I didn't like it. It showed way too much." That's the first, Rhea thought. "Let's go get coffee." She said, changing the subject. Her best friend nodded but felt something was wrong.