Chapter 15.

"There's my beautiful baby girl!" I said as I watched Katie crawl towards me. 

Katie was laughing and there was a huge smile on her face as she made her way towards me, but before she made it to my feet, Jordan swooped down and picked her up and carried her in his arms. It's like Katie completely forgotten about me and focused all her attention on her daddy. Because that is who Jordan was to her! I don't think she even remembers her real father's face because Nathan barely spent any time with his new daughter. Except for when it was two days after her birth. I felt conflicted because Nathan had such a strange expression on his face whenever he gazed at her, especially when he thought that I wasn't paying attention, which was stupid on his part, I always paid attention to my little honey's needs and wants. Not that she was a spoiled baby by any means nor was she a needy baby, but you know how new mothers are..., always concerned about every little thing and everybody that comes into contact with them.

Her giggles are what brought me out of my memories, I looked up to see Jordan bending over Katie and blowing kisses on her little tummy. It made me smile to know what kind of father Jordan will be to Katie and any other future children we might have. That thought made me instantly place a hand on my lower abdomen, making me wish that the love we made last night succeeded in creating a new brother or sister for both Logan and Katie. 

" You are so lucky," 

    Victoria said to me has she too watched how Jordan was playing with Katie and making her giggle. 

   "I know. I'm glad that you brought up the idea of making ourselves mail order brides in order for the both of us to start a new life and to protect us from Henry as well if anything should come from what we did to him." 

Victoria sighed, 

   "Are you still thinking about that, honey? The man is surely dead, I doubt he is able to even find us, even if he did or did not recover from the accident. There is no need to have any fears I am sure that nothing bad will happen to ruin the lives we have now." 

I looked to her over my shoulder, "exactly how sure are you?" 

Victoria rolled her eyes and sighed, 

"100%, is how sure."

Meanwhile back in New York...,

Henry.

"I DEMAND TO KNOW WHERE YOU SENT HER!" 

Henry screamed at Isabel Hastings as he took a hold of her braid and slammed her into the back wall of her living room. Inflicting much pain no doubt to the middle-aged woman. Isabel eyed the filthy and evil man that held her in his grip, no way was she going to divulge where Laura Blackthorn and Victoria Haynes were now living, it would be a crime to disrupt their happiness and put them into danger. Isabel grunted amid the pain that the man was doing to her, but she kept her mouth shut. Instead of speaking though, she spat in his face, which wasn't really a smart thing to do to a raging mad man bent on ruining the lives of two women and a small child.

 Henry momentarily let go of the old hag and shoved her to the floor and swiped off the wad of spit that she spat at him, which made him even angrier. Henry bent down to the prostrated woman on the floor and whispered threateningly to her, 

   "MAKE NO MISTAKE WOMAN, YOU WILL TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO KNOW OR THIS NIGHT WILL BE YOUR LAST NIGHT ON THIS EARTH!" 

The woman made an attempt to get to her knees which I made sure that she could not as I kicked her hard in the stomach with my boot. She grimaced and groaned, but still, she remained tight-lipped. Foolish hag! I thought instantly as I took out my specially designed one of a kind 12-inch double-edged blade from my jacket pocket. Taking it out of its sheath, I momentarily examined it in the pale moonlight coming through the window across from us and smiled at my weapon of choice. This wicked thing should make her talk, I'm sure of it. With a hard thrust and watching the air slice it's way along the edge of the blade, I stabbed her twice in the back and once more in the side, "NOW, TALK!" I demanded again. 

"No."

 She whispered barely as she attempted to staunch the bleeding. 

   "VERY WELL MADAM, SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR PATHETIC LIFE!" 

I said as  I made another attempt to stab her again, only for my hand to pause in mid-air as I looked over to the front hallway and saw the rude maid I thought I got rid of earlier crawl her way towards us and pleading with me to spare the old hag's life. I smiled, here comes another foolish victim, I thought. I'll play along for now and hear what she had to say. It wouldn't matter though because before I even came here I already dispatched a letter to my cousin and explained my situation if anything would happen to me if anything would change the hands of fate tonight.  

"Please spare her life." She pleaded. 

    "I'll tell you where they are, I promise, just please don't kill her." 

The maid went over to a large chest that sat in the corner of the parlor and opened the lid and began rummaging through the papers, no sooner had she done that, I made my way towards her intending to kill her with the knife that I used on the old hag earlier. I was so caught up in my plans to do away with the foolish maid, that I failed to pay attention to my surroundings. For just as I was about to thrust my dagger into her unsuspecting back I felt a harrowing pain in my neck and I dropped to the floor and felt my lifeblood drain from my body as another large knife fell inches to my side from where it was lodged in my neck. 

Isabel Hastings looked down at the body of the large man on her floor as his blood poured from his wound and spat on him again. 

"Good riddance!!" I said as I limped my way towards my maid Louise.

    "Thank you for distracting him for me, I would not have had the strength to get rid of him had you not distracted him."

 Louise smiled, 

   "You do yourself a disservice mam when you believe that you are weak and unable to stand up to the wickedness of man." She said. 

She then glanced at my wounds and had a worried look settle on her face, "I should escort you to the hospital mam, you don't look well." 

  "Perhaps your right, but first help me write a letter to Laura Green, and warn her about the upcoming and impending danger."