The Three People Who Love You Most

Start from the beginning

"They're right about you." David said. "You're a bloody phychopath."

"High-functioning sociopath. With your number." Sherlock said. He smiled a very disturbing smile. (ME WHEN SOMEONE INSULTS MY FRIENDS)

------------------------

(Present)

A young woman who had come to the wedding with her son was saying hello to Mary and John next. Her son had taken a liking to Sherlock and admired him. He ran up to Sherlock and hugged him. Mary turned to Alex.

"He could be your kid." She said, gesturing to Alex and Sherlock.

"Oh my God! Stop it!" Alex said, playfully shoving Mary. Mary laughed.

"Yes, um, well done in the service, Archie." Sherlock said.

"He's really come out of his shell. I don't know how you did it." Archie's mother said, gazing fondly at her son.

"Um..." Sherlock chuckled. Alex recalled the memory well, she had been there.

-------------------

(A few months earlier)

Sherlock was sitting in his chair and Alex was sitting on the arm of it. Archie was sitting across from them in John's chair. He had been selected to be the ring bearer.

"Basically, it's a cute smile to the bride's side, cute smile to the groom's side and then the rings." Sherlock explained.

"No." Archie said.

"And you have to wear the outfit." Sherlock said.

"No." Archie said.

"You really do have to wear the outfit." Sherlock said.

"What for?" Archie asked.

"Grown-ups like that sort of thing." Alex said.

"Why?" Archie asked.

"I don't know, I'll ask one." Sherlock said.

"You just admitted you aren't a grown-up!" Alex laughed. "This is why I love you."

"You're detectives?" Archie said.

"Yup." Sherlock said.

"I'm not. He is." Alex said.

"Have you solved any murders?" Archie asked.

"Sure, loads." Sherlock said.

"Can I see?" Archie asked.

"No, I don't think that would be a-"

"Yeah, all right." Sherlock said, getting up.

"Sherlock, he's a kid!" Alex said.

Sherlock ignored her as he pulled up photos of the murders he had solved on his iMac. He scrolled through them. Alex couldn't resist as she came over to her boyfriend and looked over his shoulder at the pictures. One in particular had a dead body in it.

"What's all that stuff in his eye?" Archie asked.

"Maggots." Sherlock answered. Alex covered her mouth.

"Oh..." She said. "I'm gonna be sick."

"Cool!" Archie said. Sherlock gave him an approving nod.

Shortly after that, Archie left. Sherlock turned to Alex and gave her a serious look after he had closed the door.

"I want one." He said.

"SHERLOCK, NO." Alex said.

---------------------