Chapter 17: Nice Job

Jessa's POV:

Reaching down, I picked up the blankets and walked them to the large room helping to lay them out.

It was freezing, but we couldn't light any fires.

Taking the brush, I walked over to Nevana and held it out to her with a sheepish smile. She smiled softly and pat the floor.

I sat down and pulled my knees to my chest as she softly brushed my hair.

She was talking low with Killian and they both talked about how they'd get to New York to find Vydia.

I hope they can find her.

The stairs creaked and I looked over at him, his dark hair slicked back and wet, his jawline was so masculine and strong, but his lips so feminine and heart shaped. He was the most beautiful man I've ever laid my eyes on.

I tried to ignore the rapid beating in my chest and focus more on the conversation Nathan was having with Katie.

He was a really good father to her, I've always wanted a father, but I settled for Viktor. He's a great father anyways, plus I have all his sons as my brothers. I had a full guard system and no one could mess with me and live after that.

I was untouchable.

Nevana finished and gave me a sweet smile as she handed me back the brush. I stood and went to the blankets and laid beneath them, placing my head on Viktors lap as he talked with Abe.

Viktor pulled the blankets up to my neck and I felt so tired.

Staring ahead, I watched Petra walk in and skip a bit, hovering over the ground. She eyed us all and looked down at Koda. His eyes were on me, and as we caught eyes, he quickly looked away and stared at Petra.

"Stop gawking at the slow girl." Petra said rudely.

I tried not to take it personal, after all she doesn't know I can hear and see her. It's like that woman that I always see in Andres's window. She's always crying out by the window but I don't know who she is.

I've seen them for as long as I could remember, but Aunt Melissa said I should never tell anyone. A couple years ago she asked if I saw them still and I didn't want to take more medicine so I just said no.

I think it's because I was dead when I came out of my mom. Then they brought me back to life.

I think that's what it is.

Koda gave Petra an annoyed look, "What's the update?" He asked quietly.

She looked down at her nails, "They got them out. Lisa, Winston and some others are headed to Virginia and then Kentucky to get the witches and wizards and Chief dariko. I want to tell them they don't need to though. We don't even care about them really." She said shrugging.

She's such a mean girl.

"Petra." Koda warned and she rolled her eyes, "Kora is off limits to the vampwolves. I think the chief of that den is in love with Faye and he accepted her semi plead to keep Kora safe." She said bored.

Koda looked a bit happy, "Thats good, and Lily?" He asked quietly.

She nodded, "She's good. She's with Lana, Melissa, Jolene and Valdus." She said proudly.

Then she stopped and opened her mouth, "Oh my god and guess who Dimitri is teaming up with? Well okay maybe I should back track." She said gesturing to rewind, "Alright so Bastian and Kayla are actually headed to California. Kayla's letting me guide her toward them using a map. She's super smart."