Chapter 28: Forever

Anne's POV:

"Im telling you Lauch, this time they're gone." I repeated for the tenth time in the last hour.

He gave me that same look, the one that held a challenge, "You're a dragon Annalise, it's in you. Your body will regenerate your wings when the time comes. Don't forget that." He said before standing and walking out the kitchen annoyed.

Not my fault my wings hate me.

Honestly I don't blame them for not- "They're back!" Kora shouted from the front of the home.

I stood and went hurrying out the door, but stopped when I realized....

"Where's Emma?" Valdus asked as they stepped in, all of them sharing stares with one another.

Dayna was quiet, angry and clearly sad. She'd looked like hell, her eyes swollen and red, her flesh pale and sick.

Lincoln wasn't with her.

She moved past us by the doorway and headed up the stairs. She doesn't know where she's going though?

Abe cursed outside the barrier, "Idiots. Take this down so we could get in." He said frustrated.

I felt his hand on my lower back and glanced up at Michael who sighed in slight annoyance. He walked over and began saying the spell as it softly opened a small archway for them.

They all entered and he stopped, watching the arch shut.

"We lost Lincoln and Emma." Abe said softly before going inside and stopping at the stairs, "Where's the shower?" He asked Judah who was sitting on the stairs reading a book.

I watched Judah give him a look of annoyance, and forgot for a brief moment that Judah is now Alice's boyfriend, who's seeing Abe, Alice's ex, for the first time in this situation.

It's a bit ironic.

Jessa smiled at Abe, noticing the same tension, "Right up here. I'll take you." She said politely.

He gave a nod and a strange look to Judah, clearly unaware of his relationship with Alice. But I doubt Abe would care, afterall, he hurt Alice so many times.

Although I wasn't close to Lincoln, I knew he meant a lot to Dayna. As for Emma, well, the world definitely lost an amazing woman.

Liliths POV:

Losing Lincoln, it felt like the entire world had crashed.

My sarcastic, protective and sensitive loving boy was gone. I'd never be able to hug him again, to watch him walk Dayna down the aisle, or see their first kid.

Everything ached, everything felt so-empty.

Going up the stairs, I took Marcus's hand and he helped me up to our room before I broke down.

It was too much for one person, losing a child is unbearable. The door opened softly and I watched Melissa walk in carrying a small glass in her hand, "Drink this Lily, it'll help calm your nerves." She spoke in such a delicate tone.

Giving a nod, Marcus took it and placed the cup to my lips, I drank it but tasted mostly my salty tears.

"Try and get some rest." She said quietly before leaving.

Rest?

My son is gone. I want nothing.

Nothing but him.

Forever.

"Lincoln, please come back to me."

Lily's POV:

I could hear her sobbing, crying over her son, I can remember when I cried over my own, but it felt like such a distant memory.

They said they'd wipe him from my memory entirely but I doubt you ever could erase every part of motherhood from a woman.

Ryker held me closer and I turned to burry my face in his chest, "Can we try again for another one?" I asked selfishly.

But as I said, whatever they did to me, they pulled him from my emotions. I thought of him like I thought of a son who went off to college. I was ready to start a new chapter in my life.

He was quiet but gave a soft nod, "When you're ready Lee." He stated leaning down and kissing my forehead and then my cheek and jaw, before my nose.

Then I was drowned in kisses, and cuddles with love.

I met the man I want to spend the rest of my life with.

Forever.

I'm not letting him go.

Arabella's POV:

Just when I thought I couldn't get any more shocked.

Thomas stood by the edge of the backyard looking like a whole ass dragon. I mean a Fucking human-dragon, wings and all. Beside him was a similar one but this one an entire dragon.

Annalise laughed and shook her head as the kids seemed to be amazed and astonished.

I was amazed and astonished.

The president of the fucking United States was amazed and astonished.

"President Nicholson, can you believe that?" Johnny, who I've come to learn is the coach for Ben who is dead, asked the president with a grin.

All I could think was, "How powerful is Anne then?" Since Jolene seems like her mother and that woman has some mad magic skills, and then her dad and great greatest grandfather are dragons....

Vydia pat my shoulder, "Come here and I'll tell you the coolest story ever. The story about the war." She said smirking.

The war huh?

I followed her and we sat down while she told me about everything. Apparently Anne came back from the dead, used her wings like a chainsaw and blade, and was even able to blow them to the ground and feet away with a single brush of her wings.

The same wings Nyx had torn off.