Chapter 46: Dont Have Green Eyes

Valdus's POV:

Flipping through the pages, I sat back in the chair, the shut door muffled the sounds of everyone lively aloud outside. Night time is when everyone is very active and alive, very loud. This house used to be very quiet.

I ran my finger over the map, circling every small town and stopping at the massive university.

I've been tasked with finding us our new home and honestly it's harder than I expected. We need to be close to water sources, close to an airport, and there has to be a lot of room for...well for existing. We need gyms, pools, preferably a large-very large-kitchen. We need a small hospital, a clinic that is presumably stocked with some medication. There's a lot of factors that need to be taken in and honestly it's too crowded in this home. We've got over a hundred living bodies in this home and I'm getting cabin fever thinking about it.

I rubbed my eyes from the exhaustion slowly growing within me. A knock came to the bedroom and I ignored it focusing on the large scaled of the university.

The door opened and I dropped the papers sighing at the idiot who decided they could jus-"I'm sorry, I was just trying to find some silence." She said turning to the door with Heath in her arms. He was asleep and I'm sure the loud chaos outside (especially Zuri's high pitched voice) wasn't helpful with his sleep habits.

I gestured to the bed, "Take the bed. It's a damn mad house out there." I said before focusing back on the map. My heart was beating quicker in my chest and I tried to monitor my breathing so I didn't sound like I just ran a damn marathon or was a complete weirdo.

Lana's foot steps were quiet, "Thank you." She said softly before sitting onto the bed.

I peered up into the laptop screen, and although it didn't work, I could see the reflection of Lana as she adjusted, laying down beside Heath and softly running her hand up and down his belly before she shut her eyes.

Every movement I made, I kept her in mind, I avoided lifting any papers or shuffling them, and I tried to only write lightly or highlight. I even left the caps off so the click wouldn't wake her up.

I ran my hand over the map of the University and went to the dorms, there was over four hundred dorms, more than enough. If we cut down the walls, we could double the dorm size and create a bigger space for everyone. Shit we could even cut down the wall of three dorms and triple the si-"It's a good university." I glanced up at her not even noticing when she got up or when she walked to me.

She's stealthy, they weren't kidding.

Her hand reached over my shoulder and she picked up the smaller map of the room layouts, "There's five hundred and fifty rooms. You could break down the walls and even cut open the ceiling to make stairs for a second floor. Make the dorms two stories. Use four dorms per home." She said thoughtfully.

That -well it was sort of my plan, she obviously made it a lot better with the two story thing.

I gave a nod and she placed the papers down, "Where did you get all these from?" She asked quietly as she tilted her head staring down at the other pages. I've heard before that she's not nosy, but uh, she's definitely prying.

Looking down at the pages, I adjusted in my seat, "The library, it's about five miles out. I sent Lisa." I admitted whispering while watching Lana give me a sideways glance.