Chapter 21: The One I Longed To See

Jessas POV:

We managed to get four cars running, Petra told Koda we'd need more vehicles so he decided we'd go and get all the big trucks we could find. Lots of vans and SUV's.

I got in the van with Koda, Nevana and Killian.

Koda stared ahead at the road as we drove following the others.

We were heading to Kentucky, I hope Vydia, Aunt Mel and Arabella are there. Oh and wolf. I miss wolf, and Valdus, even Judah. I miss everyone.

Laying my head into Killian's chair, I watched him look from me to Koda and then ahead at the road.

Viktor was taking the main drive there and I didn't want to be in the truck with him, he's an aggressive driver.

After two hours, Killian fell asleep and Nevana leaned his seat back, covering him with a blanket.

I leaned forward and stared at the steering wheel. I followed the strong hands that gripped the wheel, and up the arms, to the muscle and up his neck, slowly running my eyes up his jaw and admiring his focused eyes on the road.

His eyes moved to me and he glanced from me back to the road, "Want to drive?" He asked quietly.

To drive....

"I don't know how to drive. No ones ever taught me." I admitted in a whisper before looking back at Killian to make sure I didn't wake him.

Koda cocked an eyebrow at me and I blushed watching him reach under the seat and the seat backed up. What's he doing?

He looked back at Nevana who was falling asleep with her head on the window. Then he gestured for me to sit in his lap, "I'll teach you." He said low.

Teach me?

I felt a smile bloom over my face and slowly moved over the middle console and into his lap. He unbuckled his seatbelt and put it on both of us before he slowed the van down. "Right here we have the basics, D is for drive." He said quietly as he pointed to the little stick. Then he stopped the car and put it into the P. "park." He said before moving it back to drive.

"Try to move the gear shift to park and then to drive. Just a note, You should never switch gears if you're driving though." He whispered moving his hand off the little nob.

I moved it to park and then back up to park, staring over my shoulder at him while he gave me a smile.

I did it!

"So the two pedals down here are your gas and brake. The one on the right is always the gas, the one of the left is the brake. Never press on both. Use only one foot and switch from one to the other gradually." He moved his foot and held the steering wheel.

I placed my foot on the gas and pressed lightly on it, "Good, now slowly brake." He said moving an arm around my waist, his hand flat and open on my stomach.

I braked and lunged forward a bit, but his hand kept me from flying into the wheel. "You knew id brake hard." I said quietly while laughing.

I'm surprised Killians still asleep.

Koda smiled wider, "No one brakes smoothly on their first try. Try it again, this time slow and soft." He said moving my hair back and staring down at the pedals while glancing up at the road too.