Chapter 36: Old Fashion

Jessa's POV:

Ouch.

Ouch, ouch, ouch- "Ow" I said gripping his forearm.

Koda continued to wipe though, "It hurts!" I cried trying to pull my face away but he wouldn't let me. "Koda! Stop!" I cried out shaking. His eyes focused on my lip and he moved closer.

Then a sharp pain and I let out a cry before he held it up with the tweezers, "It would've gotten infected Jess, I'm sorry." I stared at the piece of glass he placed into the sink.

I kept a tight hold of his forearm and felt fear.

Why didn't he stop when I said to? "Why did you keep hurting me?" I asked aloud, letting go of his arm and watching him put some ointment onto a cotton swab before he gently ran it over my bottom lip.

He didn't meet my eyes though, "You wouldn't have let me finish or try it again later." He said while searching for something in the box.

Well yeah, it hurt.

It scared me though, "If I say no, or stop, you have to stop Koda. You have to, if you want to be my friend. You have to. Promise me." I said firmly, even though I'm sure I sounded scared.

His eyes met with mine now, and they held my stare for a while. His hand reach up and brushed my hair back gently, "I'd never-I wouldn't do anything to harm you Jess. I care about you, greatly." He held his stare but I looked down at my lap instead and moved back from his hand.

"Promise me." I repeated before the bathroom grew quiet.

Koda sighed softly, "I promise Jess." He said it quietly, but I heard it.

Standing up off the counter, I wiped the tears from my eyes and headed out the bathroom, accidentally bumping into someone on my way to the room.

I just wanted to be alone.

The memories always come flashing back when I'm sad. They hurt so bad, they make me feel so weak.

Laying in the bed, I curled up into the blankets and shut my eyes tightly.

After singing myself a few songs to calm me down, I was able to settle to just one horrible memory instead of being drowned by them all.

"Jess?"

Looking back at the door, I watched Koda slowly push the door open, "Can I come in?" He asked noticing Faye and Kora asleep in their beds.

I gave a small nod and he entered, shutting the door behind him quietly.

He walked over and slipped off his shoes and moved to the bed, "I need you to know that I don't just care about you Jess." He whispered as he ran his hand over my cheek.

His touch was always so warm, "Jessa, I think, I think I love you." He said quietly with a shake to his tone. But those words, I've never heard them from a man before. I mean there was Vydia's friend but he was nothing. I didn't feel this way for him.

Koda slowly laid down beside me and pulled me to his chest, "You've been hurt, ignored, taken advantage of and probably feel like everyone is out to hurt you. Jess, I don't ever want to hurt you. I don't want to see you cry, or watch you rush out a bathroom with fear in your eyes of me. I don't want you to fear me, ever." His hand found mine and he brought it to his lips, kissing my fingers one at a time.

I'd dreamt of romance like this, but I-I can't let this happen. "You'll respect my word? When I say no or stop?" I asked meeting his eyes.

He gave me a nod, "Absolutely." He replied.

Hm. "Then get up, go straight to your room and to your bed." I said watching him lay there a bit shocked but he gave an understanding nod and got out of my bed going out the room with his shoes. "Goodnight Jess." He said before shutting the door.

I gave him about five minutes before I got up and went up to his room. He was laying in bed scowling at the ceiling, deep in thought and angry.

Honestly, he's handsome when he's angry.

Shutting the door quietly so I don't wake Bastian or Kayla, I went to Koda's bed and stood beside it, smiling down at him.

He looked over at me confused, "You listened." I whispered while he broke into a small smile, "You had me worried." He said nervously.

Good.

Slipping into the covers beside him, I looked up at him and as he stared down at me, I pushed myself up and kissed his lips.

There was pain, so I pulled back and hissed but he just made sure it wasn't bleeding bad.

"Can I try something?" He asked quietly.

I gave a thoughtful nod and he pushed my hair back over my shoulder before placing his lips to the skin.

Mmm.

Then his kisses moved up to my neck, lightly sucking it before moving up to my jaw with sweet kisses.

I melted to the kisses like butter on a hot pan.

They felt remarkable.

Koda's POV:

She melted into my arms, soft giggles and her sweet touch. I don't think I've ever felt this way about someone before. She was-

Well she was exactly what I loved in the world, delicate, tender, honest and forgiving.

Moving over her small frame, I kept her beneath me and leaned down, hesitating before I took her lips.

She ran her hand through my hair, pulling me down over her and kissing me deeper, blood filling my mouth. I ran my tongue over the wound and sucked while she let out a small wince before moaning.

This emotion, it terrifies me, I'd fight an army for her. If I had to choose between my life or hers, I'd choose hers. No hesitation.

Pulling back, I stared over her face and she blushed before staring down at my chest, "I love you Koda." She said with such a gentle tone. I could feel my heart slipping from my chest and falling into her hands.

How did I fall so fast?

Was it the fact she was so precious?

Or maybe it's the fact I knew, deep down in my heart, that she is exactly what I've been searching for.

Placing a kiss to her forehead, I let it linger a moment before I laid down beside her and pulled her to my chest. I'd always protect her.

Always.

The door opened and Viktor stood by it, eyeing me over directly. Shit.

"No sleepovers." He said coldly while I watched Jessa slowly get out of the bed and give me a sheepish smile.

Then she gave Viktor a goodnight hug and walked down the hall.

Viktor didn't move until the faint sound of her door shutting came. Bastian was muttering to shut the door while he hugged Kayla tighter.

I held Viktors stare and he leaned into the doorsill, "There's many who would gut you and hang your flesh on a flag pole to warn others. Jessa is not a conquest, she is my daughter and I do not take lightly to young boys feverishly drooling over her. The only guy who can have her is a man who comes to me and asks my permission first. Call me old fashion but I'm her father and I expect respect. Am I understood?" He asked in a cold and terrifying tone.

I gave a single nod and he walked out, slamming the door shut behind him.

Holy fuck, he could be Luscious's twin.

Psychopaths.