Chapter 18: Shes Alive

Arabella's POV:

"Drink another one." I said gesturing to the other body.

Dimitri moved to it quick and drank him dry.

We were headed to the breeders den in Washington first, if Jessa, Aunt Mel or Vydia are there then I'll make sure I get them. The Chief of the den, Romeo, is usually an ass. He's very stubborn and heartless, often ignores everyone's pleads.

I suppose in order for you to run a rape den you'd have to be a heartless bastard.

I've tried shutting them down a thousand times but it never works. Romeo hates me entirely, and that is the biggest reason why. Not that my den is morally okay, but it's-okay its also bad.

"You look-you're very healthy now." Dimitri stated as he moved to the front, sitting in the passenger seat.

Im not sure if that was a compliment, "Like fat?" I asked feeling suddenly a bit self conscious.

He shook his head quickly, "No-no, you look good. You look...just good." He said staring at me before clearing his throat and focusing on the map instead.

I shook off his weirdness, "How are they? All of them? How's the uh, the baby." I asked trying to fill the silent tension.

Dimitri stopped running his finger along a highway, and moved his eyes over me again. "Good, they're all good. Vydia and Lucien are secretly trying for a kid. Jessa's good too, she misses you a lot. We often hear her talking to herself about it." His words broke my heart for Jess, and I felt happy about Vydia.

I still remember the pain, the anger in her voice when I betrayed everyone.

Now, I realized it wasn't worth it.

"And Melissa and the baby?" I asked wiping a stray tear.

He laughed softly, "Melissa is good, she's uh, she's trying for baby number two. Dad's all for it, he loves making kids." He said laughing a bit more before glancing at me and blushing.

I gave a small smirk, "And the baby?" I asked feeling sad I never even met the child.

Dimitri was quiet for a bit, "They had a daughter. Her names Bella." He said the words and I felt my heart squeeze tightly.

Pursing my lips, I blinked a few times to keep the tears away, "How are the meat heads?" I asked wiping another stray tear and laughing a bit. Wolf's face popped in my head, and then Rykers. I feel so bad for betraying those two.

"They're all good. Single. Well most of them. Lucien and Bastian obviously aren't. The rest are free range. Alex has been fooling around with some girl who's got a bunch of protective brothers and it's a bit comical. They're always running into the house shouting 'Rosie' all pissed off." He spoke calmly, comfortably and I tried to ignore the emotions coming back to life within me.

I gripped the steering wheel, "I'm really sorry by the way. For everything. I-I let my anger and my jealousy get the best of me and I know I really....well apologies don't begin to fix what I-" I began but he cut me off, "We all forgive you Bella. We do. It was just a matter of pride and now that there's no government, police or money, it's definitely long forgotten." He said giving me a small smile.