Chapter 51: Top Bunk

Michael

Anne is holding it up good, "Ace if you need to take a break, tell me!" I shouted out the window while she gave me a smirk, "I'm hungry but not tired. We're about an hour out." She called back.

Alright, an hour isn't that bad.

We've been hearing the roar of something from the distance but luckily, we've managed to keep it from us. I've been using a lot of spells to keep it off our track.

I ran my hand through my hair exhausted while watching Anne with admiration. I'd die for that woman. Over and over again.

My greatest decision in life was loving her, taking a drink, I muttered the spell and sunk into her mind.

'Maybe a cheeseburger. Five layer burrito with hot sauce and steak. No a massive plate of cheese fries.' There she went, thinking about food.

Anne's mind usually goes to food, Thomas said it's a dragon thing, they're hungry non stop. The more they delve into their dragon side, the hungrier they get. It's why Lauch is always snacking or eating.

Ace, you're making me hungry.

'Want me to make you horny too?' Her smile grew on her lips and she winked down at me while stealing my heart.

You already do that, how about you and I talk about what we're going to do after this is over. Any idea of where you want to live?

'I'm not sure, I mean I've definitely thought of it, maybe we can go to California and live in one of the princess castles at the theme park.'

Why not Scotland, we'll have a real castle there. I know just the castle too.

'As soon as we get to Michigan I'm going to tear your clothes off with my teeth.'

A laugh slipped my lips as I felt a blush grow, I'm looking forward to it, you look really good from this angle.

'Yeah, seeing you beneath me is nice too.' She grinned.

Damn I love this woman.

'I love you too Mikey, more than you'll ever imagine.'

I'm sure I have an idea of just how much.

Annalise Nysrough.

Kilana

"Are you sure she's okay?" I stared out the window eyeing Anne who was smiling and giving Michael looks. They must be talking through their minds.

Only direct descendants can do that, which means he's definitely his mothers son.

"She'll be fine Anna, sit back. Poor Thomas is trying to carry this big weight." Jolene said giving me a soft stare.

Right...sometimes I wonder why it had to be my daughter who was the chosen one. She was mine way before she was anyone else's. I was there before I'd ever seen her, and I loved her more than anything. She's mine, not the worlds.

My little Annalise.

A hand slipped into mine and I stared back, holding Nathan's stare, "She's strong Illy, we're almost there." He said softly, soothing me.